Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.00ltr 4x4 64 plate is a great all-round package, but is there any way to upgrade the dinky wing mirrors to something a bit more substantial. I find them rather small and could do with retractable ones for safety. Had to replace two on my Octavia after they had been demolished by, well your guess is as good as mine.

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
What model is your Yeti?

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
I find mine give very good coverage, especially coverage for anything overtaking and mine fold electrically if needed on my Elegance.
Pretty sure they are the same as on the VW Tiguan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find mine give very good coverage, especially coverage for anything overtaking and mine fold electrically if needed on my Elegance.
Pretty sure they are the same as on the VW Tiguan.
Mines a Yeti 64 plate 4x4 2ltr deisel

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
But what model spec is it?

·
Premium Member
5,148 Posts
I don't think the size of door mirrors altered across the range; thought they were all the same size. Certainly the ones on the 2015 car were exactly the same as the 2010 model.

·
Administrator
4,950 Posts
As the Elegance had electrically folding wing mirrors assume its an SE or lower spec. Think they should fold manually but have only ever had electric myself. Never had problems with size of mirror glass but I suppose you get used to it so depends what Scotchbeedee was driving before the Yeti.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was driving an 08 plate octavia l&k. The wing mirrors were a better shape and you could certainly see more behind the car depending on the angle of the adjustable mirror.Best car I've ever had but couldn't get out of it ( joint related) but the Yeti is brilliant for those struggling with the same problem. I can live with the mirrors so that's the way it will have to be. Thanks for the reply.👍

·
Administrator
14,368 Posts
I wonder if an Octavia mirror could be transplanted onto a Yeti mirror stalk? If they both had the same functions wouldn't the wiring be the same?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The physical size and shape are different but the wiring harness should be the as it performed the same function except for heating the mirror, I think. But it's certainly worth further investigation.

·
Administrator
14,368 Posts
Yes that's why I suggested looking at transplanting the part containing the mirror onto the stalk attached to the door, then it would be a case of how the joint between the two halves fits or needs to be modified.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts