Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have the chance to get a Yeti Urban or elegance for the same price.

What would be the recommendations from the forumn and reasons.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only major differences are leather and xenon lights on the Elegance and the funky styling and wheels on the Urban. Both models are great cars. I went for the Elegance though for 4x4.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Steer clear of xenon lights. Major costs when self levelling device fails, as it will. This has been my experience with these fancy gizmos.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
drewsieboy said:
Steer clear of xenon lights. Major costs when self levelling device fails, as it will. This has been my experience with these fancy gizmos.
Well since no-one seems to have reported any such faults on a Yeti, and currently any Yeti will still be under it's 3 year warranty, I see no reason at all to beware.

Perhaps you could enlighten us about where/when this has occured with a Yeti?

·
Registered
28 Posts
There as those who would say the Elegance has better spec is the more expensive to buy and should there for give a better end sale figure when your trading in, But like the other 849 Urban owners i love mine and cant fault it in any way " also i think it looks better than the Elegance " the fact it's a special edition and sought after motor you might be surprised at the trade in figure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think you meant to say "like the other 749 Urban owners" - as Skoda only built 750.

I agree all the same as I have an Urban as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I liked the Urban the first time I saw it and did think you got a lot of kit for the money. I particularly liked the supportive seats and the three spoke sports steering wheel. But in the end went for the Elegance which had all the toys, including the heated leather seats....my last three cars had leather and I couldn't go back to fabric....even though the leather seats in the Yeti are less supportive and lesser quality leather than my previous Italian versions.

I think you should really think about what you intend to use it for and the type and output of the engine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had leather seats in the past but would never spec them on a new car if I had the option of Alcantara. Trouble with leather is, that when you come to sell/trade the car, they look awful - all crinkly etc, especially in the used Yetis I have seen. They always remind me of the leather seats in the old Mk2 Jags and vintage Rolls/Bentleys. I do agree though that they do look (and smell) the business when new - if only they would stay that way!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quite agree Truthseeker, would not go back to leather myself, the
Alcantara interiors in the audi is the bees knees, my main problem with the leather apart from the age cracks wear and tear was the summer and winter use, leather seats heat up like **** in the summer and are freezing till the heat pads kick in in the winter, I've seen the leather in the other Yetis and think it looks rather poor and the seats seem to have no shape what so ever, The seats in my Urban " i got the red shade ones " are very supportive and shaped with decent side bolster and lumbar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Elegance has also got Electronic Stability Control, which is not an option on the Urban.
This on top of the better spec makes the Elegance better. But then it should be as the Urban is cheaper because it has a lower spec. (which admittedly suits some people who don't like leather)

The Urban seats are a good shape. But not enough to make up for all the other things it does not have to me, baring in mind I'll own the car until around the warranty runs out and sell it.

Edited by: BossFox

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jacklitt, are both cars new and still in the wrapper ? or is the Elegance an ex demo, unusual for a dealer as Both cars in high demand with not many Urbans left and a waiting time on other new models.Like i said earlier i love my urban but i got the colour, engine and interior i wanted, if i could have got a brand new Elegance with the same deal then i would have jumped at it.
The Urban is in my opinion without a doubt a better deal than the standard S, SE, SE+ models "if you can still get one" but the Elegance is the flag ship. same as the Skoda models, "or can you still get an L&K ?"

·
Registered
38 Posts
No problem yet with yeti, refer to honest john ,et al in most motoring journals and they advise not to spec xenon lights because of expense when self levelling sensor goes bust. Still this is an open forum ye pays yer money and ye takes yer chances. I paid over £400 when the sensors went on my subaru forester. This comment is just my 2 cents worth. pip pip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts