1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
And thanks for inlet!
I am the proud owner of a Yeti 2013 4x4 2,0D
When driving in 80 +-5 km/h I feel vibrations in the car. Like unbalanced tyres.
Tyres checked/replaced, rear coupling replaced, Rear link arms replaced.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
497 Posts
The only other thing I have known to cause vibration is a leaking rear shock absorber,but that would be obvious on inspection!

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
7,606 Posts
You say the rear driveshaft coupling has been replaced, but has the shaft itself been checked for proper balancing? The shaft that runs down the centre of the car from front to rear (on a 4x4 version). Not heard of problems with those on a Yeti, but I have known and experienced other cars that lost a balance weight on the prop shaft, resulting in vibration at specific speeds. Including my current BMW.

Where exactly does it it feel like the vibration is originating from? Given that can often be quite difficult to pin down whilst driving. Like strange noises. What has prompted you to focus on the rear end so far?

You say “like unbalanced tyres”. What has been done to establish that a lost wheel balance weight is not the cause of the vibration? Have you tried moving the wheels from front to rear, to establish if the source of vibration moves with them?

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
Is the vibration through the car or the steering wheel or both?

Is it under acceleration or constant?

I will add your Yeti details to your signature line for you.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,968 Posts
Could it also be a warped disc?

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
And thanks for inlet!
I am the proud owner of a Yeti 2013 4x4 2,0D
When driving in 80 +-5 km/h I feel vibrations in the car. Like unbalanced tyres.
Tyres checked/replaced, rear coupling replaced, Rear link arms replaced.
Any suggestions?
[/ציטוט]

‏Joins

Greetings
I own a car - Skoda Yeti 2011 tsi 1.2 -dsg
After balancing wheels,
There are still vibrations in the steering wheel after 80 km / h

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
7,606 Posts
Dima.n

How where the wheels balanced? On a machine that spins them at high speed? Or by hand on a conical point mount device?

Is the vibration worse / felt more strongly under light braking? Or the same when braking as when driving at a steady speed?

Have you also checked the front brake discs for warping / running “true”?

Have the discs been replaced recently? Perhaps not put back perfectly?

Have you checked the suspension bushes for wear? Particularly the large longitudinal block at the rear of the lower wishbone? The one that is contained within a large alloy block. (Never had a problem on the Yeti with those myself, in nearly 250,000 miles. They are however a common problem on some other cars, older design BMWs especially.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Performed for each wheel separately - balancing, swapping places of wheels.
Which I brake is no problem - I do not seem to have a problem with the brake system.
I'm more in the direction of a suspension or steering system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts