Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day, have bought myself a 103TDI Yeti, just waiting for it ti turn up now. Till then am looking at as much info it that I can.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
Hi Welcome to the forum, you should find quite a lot of info on here, if you have any questions there will probably be someone with the answer. Here is a link to the manuals to give you some bedtime reading. http://www.skoda.ie/owners/ownersmanuals/yeti

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Hey welcome CAF. Where abouts are you from? Looking forward to hearing about your car. I have learned so much from this forum so ask lots of questions.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi CAF and welcome. What paint colour and options did you order with your Yeti?

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guys, I am getting a Platin Grey, without any options as it has all i wanted, I thought about the parking sensors but have left them off and will make up my mind after i see how difficult it is to park without them, however, am getting custom floor, dash and cargo mats made, and the usual window tint from tint a car.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Grateful for the window tint as the mercury rose over 40C and rising throughout the week!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep and it's only getting worse from the look of it....mid 40's expected at Puckapunyal....suzz what options do have with yours and what is the radio reception like? After looking properly i wish i'd grabbed the sound upgrade although not interested in the sat nav..

Hood thanks for a link to the manual just have to figure out what relates to my car?

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
CAF I got the rear sensors and love them. Very happy with reception and sound system. Wasn't interested in sat nav with iPhone etc. heated side rear vision mirrors - only used once, but cool. Spare wheel. Probably heaps of other things that I haven't found yet ...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
CAF said:
...am getting custom floor, dash and cargo mats made, and the usual window tint from tint a car.
It sounds like you're getting all the right things
. The window tint makes a big difference. You should have plenty of fun in the Yeti with all the nearby State Forests

·
Registered
7 Posts
WAs due to take delivery of my Yeti here in Turin on Saturday, after 3 month wait. On Friday ddealer tells me car not available, as tyres fitted are new model, not yet EU certified. Should be done by mid-Feb (note conditional). Is this plausible ? I believe not. Some prevarication at work (putting it nicely)

DAvid Ellwood

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
I think your dealer is telling Italian fibs!!
The only standard road going tyre I know that is not E-marked is the Goodyear Eagle, which is made in America and has not been submitted to the EU testing system.
There is currently a big arguement about this in the road rallying world in Wales, as it has just been ruled that only E-marked tyres can be used to compete, and I have been involved in the "arguement" and the checking of what tyres are allowed. I've checked all the major manufacturers, such as Skoda use, and ALL are E-marked.
Get him to tell you EXACTLY what tyres they are and then email the manufacturers PR Office to check.

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
I'm sure Graham is right, I can't see a manufacturer like Skoda fitting non approved tyres when so many of their cars are sold in Europe, and being part of VAG makes it even less likely. I wonder if your car has been sold to someone else who was willing to pay more. I would certainly contact Skoda and ask a few questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for these replies. They confirm my own suspicions. I also believe the car was given to someone else as a Christmas present and they're fobbing me off with this ridiculous story. I have asked the dealer to name the brand involved and put the story in writing - no reply. The car was already in Verona- the central distribution point - before Christmas, but was never invoiced to Turin. So I think it's there that this affair was cooked up. I phoned the service centre there and got no-where. How to take it higher up ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
david ellwood said:
WAs due to take delivery of my Yeti here in Turin on Saturday, after 3 month wait. On Friday ddealer tells me car not available, as tyres fitted are new model, not yet EU certified. Should be done by mid-Feb (note conditional). Is this plausible ? I believe not. Some prevarication at work (putting it nicely)

DAvid Ellwood
Sorry to hear of your disappointment David. The explanation in my opinion sounds a bit "thin" to me.
As Graham says get specifics about the tyre etc & enquire independantly in Italy.
Very best of luck. Try other Skoda dealers in Italy & ask them as well - it may help you.

·
Administrator
5,137 Posts
David, your story sounds like terrible service from your dealer. I'd suggest you phone Skoda Italia direct on 800-100600 and complain loudlyto their Customer Services. If you have any contract details they should be able to track your order and find out what happened to the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
plbxr said:
CAF said:
...am getting custom floor, dash and cargo mats made, and the usual window tint from tint a car.
It sounds like you're getting all the right things
. The window tint makes a big difference. You should have plenty of fun in the Yeti with all the nearby State Forests

Almost time to find those tracks i haven't been down as used to do woods point to Ouyen regularly in my 4runner...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
CAF said:
Almost time to find those tracks i haven't been down as used to do woods point to Ouyen regularly in my 4runner...
Ouyen...they serve the best roast lamb sandwiches I have ever eaten. When we go to Adelaide we stop there for lunch. Yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm!

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys, quick question is the carpet in the Aust Yeti Black or Dark grey as the people making my mats asked? and i had no idea?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And do our 103TDI's have the fold down tray's? as i didn't get sit in the back seat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Although I am still waiting for the yeti to arrive I have been looking at aftermarket audio, have found thishttp://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/VW/GM5153.htmlIpurchased one from these guys for my XR5 and my wife's RAV4 and both were big improvements over the OEM audio... Especially the fact that you can pick up channel 9 and watch the cricket when stuck in traffic...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts