Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time now the headlamps, particularly the RHS, rise when going uphill - fine - but take some time in lowering when you reach the flat or downhill. Also the cornering lamps work fine but quite often need a "jiggle" of the wheel to make them straighten up after the turn. Have taken it in to D.W.Keiths Wakefield but they can't find anything wrong.

Any ideas anyone? Libby is getting sick of dazzling on coming traffic and blinding low flying aircraft

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Not having the moving headlights, my feeling would be a stickingcontroller, or a bad connection.

Can you try another dealer to see if they have a better understanding of the moving lights.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
As far as I am aware the headlights are controlled by sensors on the front suspension. When I first turn mine on they often raise, lower and then widen and narrow before settling, also when cornering the beams change width then reset. The shape of the beam changes width and lengthens with speed
Perhaps it is a sensor on the way out, did they do a scan and find any fault codes? It certainly needs to be fixed as it would be an MOT failure, preferably whilst the car is still in warranty.

As a purely random suggestion computer problems are often fixed by turning them off and back on because they carry out a POST (power on self test). Perhaps disconnecting the battery for a while will prompt a similar action by the engine management system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will try disconnecting the battery tomorrow, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts