Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm after some Matterhorn alloys for my Yeti.

I'm guessing this is a long shot for 2 reasons:
1) Matterhorn alloys look pretty awesome, so I'm guessing nobody has any they want to sell.
2) I'm in Australia (where they are rare as hen's fillings, and thus $$$$ive), so if anyone DOES have any they want to sell, I'm hoping it's a reasonable price since shipping them to me will cost at least 200 GBP

I know they're available to buy from dealers/SuperSkoda etc over there for around 250GBP per rim, but I'm hoping someone has some used ones they don't want, or want to upgrade from their Matterhorns, and want less than this per rim.

Alternatively, I would swap my Spitzbergs for a set of Matterhorns, if anyone was willing to trade (for the cost of shipping to each other).

Thanks,

bj.

·
Registered
828 Posts
High and welcome BJ. Give me a chance to get my stripy shirt and balaclava on and i'll have a look around some car parks!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Best I get around to fitting my locking nut's then although it's a long way down here just to nick me rim's.Really cant imagine anyone wanting to part with a set unless the car has been wrecked and then would you really wanna take the risk.Good luck with your search though BJ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I could buy a set of rims knowing they're stolen.

So the best solution is ... just don't tell me they're stolen :)

I know they're a good looking wheel (at least, I think they're good looking), so it wouldn't surprise me nobody wanting to part with them. But I did see a few people in Briskoda comment on them as being 'ugly', so I thought I'd put it out there in case someone shared their view and wanted to replace said wheels with hard rolling cash (or Spitzbergs).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi BJ,
How'd you go with your search? I'm in W.A. and in need of a full size spare (the space saver is a waste of space IMHO). Planning a trip to the north of the state and really need a full size replacement. The dealer quoted me $440 for a wheel which I baulked at.

Additionally, is anyone able to confirm if these specs are accurate?
http://www.bolt-pattern.com/Bolt-Pattern-Skoda-Yeti

Cheers,
Warren

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've been thinking about the full sized spare wheel thing also. Would an Audi or VW wheel/tyre with the same offset and rolling circumference do the trick? It's only going to sit on the roof rack or wherever till needed.
Any experiences or thoughts?
Rob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Using that bolt pattern website, I think the Audi A4 (can't remember which Mk) had almost exaclty the same dimensions, perhaps 5mm different offset, I tried researching what impact a different offset would/could have, but didn't find much, I would be interested to hear the thoughts of others who know more than how to kick a tyre........

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Here is the bolt and hole spec
Locating holes x bolt-hole circle diameter 5 x 112 (mm)
Centre hole diameter 57 (mm)
Wheel bolts M14 x 1.5 x 27.5 P/N WHT 001 812
Torque = 120 Nm

Wheel and tyre
Dolomite alloy 7J x17 ET45

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Warren,

No luck sourcing some Matterhorns. I'd sell you a Spitzberg if I could spare, but alas no at this stage.

Current plan is to get a set of imitation VW R-Type 5 spokes and paint them black (they're half an inch wider at 7.5, but this shouldn't be a problem).

But it's low on the list of priorities.

Good luck with your trip North. If you make it as far as the horizontal waterfalls in the Kimberley, I've heard they're pretty awesome to zip over on a boat at tide change.

·
Administrator
13,677 Posts
Regarding the remarks about the spare have you actually got one, or are you making assumptions? I have a spare, and the one supplied in the UK is an H rated 195,60,16 on an Audi steel wheel. The circumference is virtually the same as the others fitted and the width is only 20mm less. There is a speed restriction marked as if fitted, one wheel would be different to the others, if you had four fitted (as mentioned in this reply)you could safely travel at 100mph. By the way I use a set of Audi Alloys with 215/60/16 winter tyres and the ride on those is far better than the original ones fitted.
If ordered with the car the spare and what comes with it is a no brainer for the price. If you are going to retro fit it is considerably more expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks The Hood,
Issue is that I will be in reasonably remote section of the north of Western Australia. Should I have a puncture or another issue, it is possible that I will need to travel on a spare a fairly significant distance. I am not all that keen to do this on a wheel which is not the same as the other three, nor would I want to do this at a reduced speed.

Just to confirm, I do have the spare already, but require a spare with the same tyre and dimensions as the current wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, BJ,

By the last days of May/first ones of June I will get my new Yeti.

It features a set of 4 Matterhorns along with its tires.

I will sell them out before they hit the tarmac.

The price is 900GBP for the whole kit including shipping to UK.

Best regards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts