Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am wishing to purchase a Yeti bike rack for inside the vehicle. Mine is a 2014 Yeti 2.0 CR TDI Elegance. Are they still available ?
Thanks in anticipation

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I’ve found it fine to slot 2 bikes easily, 3 at a push, into the Yeti, without the rack. Just by leaving the centre rear seat in place then securing the bikes to that by bungee cords, one bike either side. Front wheels dropped out the bikes first of course.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Flintstone. Would it be ok for 2 e bikes weighing 35kgs each. I dont know whether the yeti rack would be secure. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The skoda rack doesn't fit if you have a spare wheel kit.
This is the part# 3T9 056 700 and there is one for sale in Sheffield. 264633126321 £200.
or here

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I can fit my grandsons bike in if i fold the seats down and lay it flat, take the front wheel off and its easier, if needed you can easy put a cover over and fit more bikes on top of each other as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everybody for your contribution. Why won't the bike rack fit a yeti with spare wheel fitted.?
Also I have found a company called Forty Winks in Nottingham who do a similar rack for £150.
In regard to the weight of my e bike, the removable battery weighs 4.0kg and the front wheel 1.5 kg plus seat post.........so you will probably end up with a weight around 29 -30 kg

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Lifting them into the back of the Yeti would still be less strenuous than onto a roof mounted bike rack?

When we put bikes (plural) into the back of the Yeti, as in #2, it is:
  • front wheel dropped off the bike, but saddle remaining in place.
  • both rear side seats removed from the Yeti completely. Not just folded flat. Centre rear seat remaining in place.
  • bikes slotted in, forks forward. So the handlebars and front forks drop into the area where the rear seats used to be.
  • bungee tie the bike frames to the centre seat’s head rest posts. As an effective measure to hold everything in place during transport.
  • that’s with the spare wheel and false floor remaining in place.
  • for a heavy bike, I’m sure some 1” wide webbing straps could hold things just as securely.
From memory, the designer internal rack is in effect a bar that the front forks can clamp/bolt onto. With the bikes positioned upright, rear wheel towards the front of the car. Yes, the spare wheel (if fitted) would have to be removed for that to fit.

·
Administrator
14,212 Posts
I also put this in your other thread, it has a couple of pictures and confirms it cannot be used with a spare wheel which is why it was up for sale.

·
Administrator
14,212 Posts
Some pictures here from Briskoda

And one for sale here

Cheaper one here

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
For a heavier pair of bikes, the proper bar and mount is clearly a more solid clamping method to secure the front forks positively. Compared to my rather Heath Robinson method. :D (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just purchased a Yeti that came with the Skoda internal bike rack, but its not something that I'd use - I'd consider selling if you're still after one.

I'm based in Essex and collection would be preferable as its quite heavy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. I am wishing to purchase a Yeti bike rack for inside the vehicle. Mine is a 2014 Yeti 2.0 CR TDI Elegance. Are they still available ?
Thanks in anticipation
Hi l have a genuine Yeti inside rack for sale if you are still interested LN6.

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chilterncyclist :)

The interior of the yeti has not really changed since the first model so if it fits one should fit them all.

MikeC hasn't been on the forum since they made the post above so you may have to wait for a response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! Picking up my 2017 Yeti next Friday. Would the rack fit? Plus what quick releases does it have - I maybe Interested. Thanks
Hi.
The rack fits internally and will take two bikes with the front wheels removed and the forks then secure to a locking device with an overcentre (similar to front wheel fitment to forks) the rear of the bikes are then secured with special straps that lock to the frame. N.B this rack does not fit if your Yeti has a spare wheel.
Regards
Mick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts