Yeti Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
I find "highlighting" and deleting what you don't need the best if you are only quoting one part of the post.
Yes, but for others, do not delete anything between the brackets including the brackets themselves.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
I said this morning the forum was slow displaying posts, well it still is. I am normally using Brave as the browser which was fine on the old forum but noticeably slow on this. Shame if some browsers are more affected than others on performance.

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I said this morning the forum was slow displaying posts, well it still is. I am normally using Brave as the browser which was fine on the old forum but noticeably slow on this. Shame if some browsers are more affected than others on performance.
I will report this to the team.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
I have finally managed to get my Avatar to display almost normally. The forum cannot cope with a rectangular image, so I added a white border top and bottom, and even then had to reduce to 100 pixels.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
On the speed issue, in another thread, several others have also reported the same issue. At least one is using an Apple Mac others Windows 10. I have same slow loading with MS Edge browser and Brave browser. No Security software seems to be common to those affected. Let us know if you need any data on configurations from members.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I’m liking the ability to Edit posts for up to 24 hours after the initial upload. It gives you the opportunity to correct stuff you have put up in haste (say) late at night, or after a few too many beers/wine. Please don’t be tempted to reduce the time window. :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I'm using Windows 10 and there is just a slight delay in loading posts, compared to W7. The pop-up asking me to enable push notifications is annoying, even if I click 'not now', it soon pops up again. Otherwise the new forum is superb, it took me five minutes to find my way around all the basic stuff and it looks so up to date. Thanks again to all concerned.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The green dot in the top corner of your Avatar when displayed at top right of the page - has been mentioned in another thread. I can see it means you have unread alerts, etc. Many of which may be Likes, added to posts you have made? Is the green dot meant to disappear if you have scanned and read the Alerts? Or do you have to open each one in turn to clear the dot? Or does it clear if / when you log out?

The green dot next to your name in the column on the left, alongside your individual posts, appears to indicate that you are currently online. Presumably that only goes away if you actually log out?

The Hood has a lightning bolt on a green shield below his Avatar. Does that mean “The Hood always strikes when least expected” :) :) Or something else?

I see my own Avatar has a white star on a green rose. If the colours were the other way round it could mean recognition that I live in Yorkshire? Intrigued what it means though? I’m already a “marked man” in another life, totally unconnected with Yetis. Jimmy has one too! Perhaps it is an inverted Yorkshire marker?
Edit: Jesting - I’m sure it’s something else, like Premium member or “summat like that”. :) :D

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The pop-up asking me to enable push notifications is annoying, even if I click 'not now', it soon pops up again.
There’s a setting somewhere to switch those off permanently. Can’t remember where I found it now though. :(

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
On the speed issue, in another thread, several others have also reported the same issue. At least one is using an Apple Mac others Windows 10. I have same slow loading with MS Edge browser and Brave browser. No Security software seems to be common to those affected. Let us know if you need any data on configurations from members.
I did say on another post this morning that it had speeded up......BUT I clicked on a previously opened thread and it was fine. Now, if I click on a new thread (with, presumably no cookies installed) it is chronically S L O W:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
The green dot in the top corner of your Avatar when displayed at top right of the page - has been mentioned in another thread. I can see it means you have unread alerts, etc. Many of which may be Likes, added to posts you have made? Is the green dot meant to disappear if you have scanned and read the Alerts? Or do you have to open each one in turn to clear the dot? Or does it clear if / when you log out?

The green dot next to your name in the column on the left, alongside your individual posts, appears to indicate that you are currently online. Presumably that only goes away if you actually log out?

The Hood has a lightning bolt on a green shield below his Avatar. Does that mean “The Hood always strikes when least expected” :) :) Or something else?

I see my own Avatar has a white star on a green rose. If the colours were the other way round it could mean recognition that I live in Yorkshire? Intrigued what it means though? I’m already a “marked man” in another life, totally unconnected with Yetis. Jimmy has one too! Perhaps it is an inverted Yorkshire marker?
I think the green dot that informs you have alert extinguishes once you click the alerts and they come up in a list for you to see, so even if you do not then actually read any it goes away.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I'm using Windows 10 and there is just a slight delay in loading posts, compared to W7. The pop-up asking me to enable push notifications is annoying, even if I click 'not now', it soon pops up again. Otherwise the new forum is superb, it took me five minutes to find my way around all the basic stuff and it looks so up to date. Thanks again to all concerned.
Yes that "enable push notifications" is annoying!

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Jimmy / Dutchman
If you go into your “Account” ( click on or tap your avatar image at top right),
- then go to “Settings”....
There is a list of around 40 different activity scenarios you can tick or untick, to turn off.
Just leave those ticked that you actually would want to be made aware of.

Seems to work for me. But then most of the time in here I’m working on an iPad that has push notifications blocked in the first place. At the iOS level.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
I think the green dot that informs you have alert extinguishes once you click the alerts and they come up in a list for you to see, so even if you do not then actually read any it goes away.
If that is the case for you it differs from what Admin said, also in their illustration, curious.

alerts 3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
The white star (unfortunately not a rose) indicates that you are a Premium Member where as the lightning bolt, as well as striking unexpectedly in The Hood's case, signifies a Moderator.

I couldn't get the Push Notifications working at first and found it was due to a default setting in the Brave browser that I use. Sorted that out and was then driven mad by the constant "alerts" so I've turned it off again by selecting Disable Push Notifications in the section of Settings that Flintstone mentions. I spend enough time on the forum to pretty much ensure that new posts don't go too long without being noticed. I am not nagged to turn it on again but that may be because Brave is very good at blocking pop-ups, one of the reasons I use it.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Is there a way of setting all conversation as read?
I am currently marking a page at a time and with the waiting for something to happen then repeatedly having to reapply the filter rapidly loosing the will to live. Still only down to 521. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
If that is the case for you it differs from what Admin said, also in their illustration, curious.

View attachment 3255
I have just clicked it when it had green dot on, it said 2 notifications, clicked and it showed list, the two were at top, one was your post so clicked into it and the green dot has now gone, without me looking at the other one.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
I have just found a way to mark 35 at a time, but after a couple of goes it seems to have got stuck with the message below in the bottom left corner. Down to 174 and hand hurts after tapping on so many messages!

Update I have finally managed to clear all 595 messages, the forum kept seizing up and I had to keep leaving the forum and then come back again to get it to restart every couple of pages and the dot has gone.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts