Yeti Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Jimmy / Dutchman
If you go into your “Account” ( click on or tap your avatar image at top right),
- then go to “Settings”....
There is a list of around 40 different activity scenarios you can tick or untick, to turn off.
Just leave those ticked that you actually would want to be made aware of.

Seems to work for me. But then most of the time in here I’m working on an iPad that has push notifications blocked in the first place. At the iOS level.
Thanks,found the place where to do it now, but will leave as is for mo just to see what keeps happening with that green dot.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I’m still getting the green dot appear, with all but two unusual Push Notification Alerts unticked in preferences. I suspect it’s fine that way. Likes and similar still seem to generate the discreet green dot. What they are and who from being visible when you go to list them. Just an absence of annoying pop-up reminders. Seems OK for me anyway.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
The green dot and push notifications are two different things. I have just cancelled push and manually deleted 595 personal messages (a real pain int he posterior!). Now the dot only appears when there are unread posts or new personal messages.

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The green dot and push notifications are two different things. I have just cancelled push and manually deleted 595 personal messages (a real pain int he posterior!). Now the dot only appears when there are unread posts or new personal messages.
You should have just been able to mark them as read. I am sorry you went through that.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
How To Delete A Conversation (Private Message)

There is no limit to the number of conversations. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer display to you within your conversations, you can simply click near the upper right of the message to leave the conversation

Once you leave a conversation, it cannot be restored unless you are invited back to it.

For leaving conversations in bulk (full page) you can do the following.

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, once you select any, a drop menu near the bottom will appear. If you want to leave conversation in bulk (such as a full page) Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose action” select “Leave conversations”. Click GO.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
The bottom line above was not visible at first when I was processing a large number of unread messages, when it appeared it would only process 35 at a time. After two or three usages the forum froze and only leaving and returning freed it up. Hopefully it will improve as things settle down.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
When I type 'like' it doesn't appear until the next login. This may be why I posted a test photo twice, because the first image didn't appear, so I resent it. Then the first one disappeared and the second just had a link to the 'photo.

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
When I type 'like' it doesn't appear until the next login. This may be why I posted a test photo twice, because the first image didn't appear, so I resent it. Then the first one disappeared and the second just had a link to the 'photo.
I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Can you clarify it for me?

- Cricket

·
Registered
482 Posts
Cricket - I find there can be a delay of up to two seconds between hitting the "like" button and having the "like" appear on the post. Additionally, I find there can be a delay of up to five seconds between hitting the "post reply" button and having the reply appear on screen. Windows 10 Edge. I wonder if this might be what Jimmy is experiencing.

Thank you for all your efforts, the new site is excellent (y)

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Cricket - I find there can be a delay of up to two seconds between hitting the "like" button and having the "like" appear on the post. Additionally, I find there can be a delay of up to five seconds between hitting the "post reply" button and having the reply appear on screen. Windows 10 Edge. I wonder if this might be what Jimmy is experiencing.

Thank you for all your efforts, the new site is excellent (y)
I am not seeing this issue right now but I am using Chrome.

Does it happen for you in other browsers or just in Edge?

We did have some slowness issues that they are working on that may be related to this as well.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
There may be a typing error that is causing confusion as Jimmy referred to a previous test post he had made including images. One had the image inserted the other had a LINK to the image. Is this an issue with LIKE or LINK?

Clicked 'Like' on the Cricket's last post and came up quickly not a two second delay. Using Brave browser.. Not noticed the delays in showing posts as much today but that may be i am just used to the way the forum behaves so I'll try and be a bit more precise.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
I recently had a post appear twice (the one about tyres) not sure why, that was on Chromium Edge. Last night the forum was so slow I gave up and logged off.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've just "liked" one of The Hood's posts in another thread. On this occasion, 10 seconds elapsed between clicking on "like" and my "like" appearing under Hood's post. Similarly, when I click on "new" (top right of page), up to 10 seconds can elapse before anything happens.

Please note these are not complaints or criticisms; just feedback on what is actually happening. (y)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Feedback,
when viewing forum on mobile the pop up 'we've updated' blocks view of listing behind but clicking on X to clear clicks through to whatever lies behind so not that easy to view things.

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Feedback,
when viewing forum on mobile the pop up 'we've updated' blocks view of listing behind but clicking on X to clear clicks through to whatever lies behind so not that easy to view things.
I will pass on your feedback to the team.

You will likely see that notice once per week to notify members of the updates.

- Cricket

61 - 80 of 110 Posts