Yeti Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Copied from the “New Site” discussion thread, as perhaps equally relevant in here:

Anyone worried during a short delay between hitting an action button such as a “Like”, or say firing off a fresh post - just glance up to the top right corner of the display area. Where the three vertical dots normally appear. When the system has accepted your action and is processing it, there will be three orange vertical bars that appear there, that illuminate in a progressive order from left to right. The moving bars indicate “working on it”.

It’s a feature of the new forum platform that I find particularly helpful. (y) :)

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Trust me to be different, with me it seems to switch between the pulsing orange bars and the spinning dots in the browser tab and nothing at all. The bars were pulsing yesterday whilst I had lunch, painted the kitchen and mowed the lawn before crashing into an error message.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I’m having a problem with links attached to topics;

For example:

I searched for a topic on wiring through bulkheads. This took me :
A message from 0evt on 27/4/17.
The Hood replied to this on the same day giving a link. When you click on that link it only takes you to the top of the Club and Site Information page.

I have tried this with several other links to YOC files and they all go to the same page.
However...if you click onto a link to an outside website; Lidl etc. it works fine.

Thanks

Jim

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hi, I’m having a problem with links attached to topics;

For example:

I searched for a topic on wiring through bulkheads. This took me :
A message from 0evt on 27/4/17.
The Hood replied to this on the same day giving a link. When you click on that link it only takes you to the top of the Club and Site Information page.

I have tried this with several other links to YOC files and they all go to the same page.
However...if you click onto a link to an outside website; Lidl etc. it works fine.

Thanks

Jim
It sounds like the links on the old page are broken. Do you have a link to where you are seeing that?

- Cricket

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just noticed the full link was changed as I posted my reply. Have altered the first part to try to keep the original full text. http://www.ye uk/forum/how-to-upload-photos-the-video_topic2839.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
The bits were all there in the link. I just removed the middle part of the YOC bit so that you could see the full text of the link before it was changed to the abbreviated version. ie Yeti Owners Club. as above. Hope that helps?

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
It would be helpful if you also indicate the thread/post you find a broken link is so that we can fix it.

The link you were trying to get to is probably out of date as the way to perform actions on the forum changed with the upgrade at the end of January. Adding photos instruction can be found here
Adding photos to a post

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Links to "how to upload photos the video" all found and edited. ( I hope).

Please keep reporting any broken internal links so that can be fixed in the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Links to "how to upload photos the video" all found and edited. ( I hope).

Please keep reporting any broken internal links so that can be fixed in the same way.
Just "copied" an image from image on internet and it was straight forward, the old site could not do that as easy! (y)(y)

But i have found it takes a few seconds to load "smilies" once symbol below clicked.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Great. Uploading images and videos is more straightforward with the new design. Loading pdf documents or spreadsheets is more a problem so suggest converting them to an image file (.jpeg, .png or .gif) and inserting that instead.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
LOCATION.
This is no longer shown anywhere in the personal details of each member's postings.

EDIT:
I've checked all my Security settings and have them as showing my Location, but that doesn't seem to make any difference, so have now added it to my signature just in case

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
Which isn't as obvious as before.

And why do I have to have a Union Flag, a flag that doesn't represent my country; why can't I have my nations flag, a Draig Goch?

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
LOCATION.
This is no longer shown anywhere in the personal details of each member's postings.

EDIT:
I've checked all my Security settings and have them as showing my Location, but that doesn't seem to make any difference, so have now added it to my signature just in case
Something must have changed on the system for it to have done that as Towns/location was there.
Perhaps they have set it up to be clever and show the flag of the Countries location, but that system defines us all as UK, not individual Countries.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Perhaps they have set it up to be clever and show the flag of the Countries location, but that system defines us all as UK, not individual Countries.
Not sure it is as simple as that as a few days ago Ken3966 was showing as a German flag, but his location is Leeds, but now it's back to the Union flag.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts