Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were heading home from the shops this morning and we saw another Yeti approaching us from the opposite direction. A rare occurrence around here as it's only the second one we've seen on local roads in six months. My wife was driving and she gave the other Yeti a wave. He quickly stuck his arm all the way out the window and gave a big thumbs up
. She was chuffed to get a big response like that
. It made her day.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hmmmmm, mostly not that friendly here in the UK.Coffs Harbour was on TV here the other night showing a heavy haulage firm moving a huge silo thing!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nichola said:
I got a wave today! On my way back home I got a very enthusiastic wave from someone in a dark grey yeti. My first!

We went in a local eatery and on leaving a same coloured yeti was parked next to mine and the occupants getting out, we had a chat and as usual the opening line was How do you find the car, and as always the answer is brilliant.
They even have the same teething trouble with driving, turning left out of a junction touching the kerb with the back wheel.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can confirm a wave on Friday from fellow Yeti driver (in identical colour car to mine) in on the way to Llanthony, South Wales. - Great

·
Registered
211 Posts
We're all a bit sad, really, aren't we. I wave at other Yetis, but mostly get no response. I can only remember two, both of whom waved back. On my recent holiday trip to North Cornwall, 12 Yetis were seen on the M5 and A361/A39, but none acknowledged my wave. Disappointing, in a way.

The last time I went through a waving process with other drivers was in the late 60's, when I ran a Fiat 500L. They weren't common, so I suppose that ma de us more visible to other 500 drivers.

As a motorcyclist, which I was for 50+ years, acknowledging other riders was almost a way of life; it was rare not to get at least a nod of the head, even if the other rider was on a different make.

Funny lot, motorists !!!

Tim Jeal

·
Registered
213 Posts
You Just have to remember Tim we wave because of who we are, it's a comment on them not us if they don't wave back.

If that is not too philosophical....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts