Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to notice tonight that the yeti has a weep.

No damage so must be a failed joint. It is due for a service in 1800 miles, so will book it into the vet and have a early service and get them to see why its unhappy. And put a smile back on its face

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice turn of phrase there, what some would consider an inconvenience, you have made into a family event. I hope it turns out OK.
Cheers, Rob.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Interesting. Looks like it might have been happening for a while. I hope it's just a one-off manafacturing fault. Please let us know how it turns out.
Is that leak in the air-con condenser?

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
If it's the main radiator I hope the antifreeze has not damaged the surrounding paint. I wonder if when the warranty runs out we can get the Yeti's covered with Tesco pet insurance?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Hood said:
If it's the main radiator I hope the antifreeze has not damaged the surrounding paint. I wonder if when the warranty runs out we can get the Yeti's covered with Tesco pet insurance?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plbxr said:
Interesting. Looks like it might have been happening for a while. I hope it's just a one-off manafacturing fault. Please let us know how it turns out.
Is that leak in the air-con condenser?

It's going in on Monday, will let you know the outcome. It's engine oil, the front rad is the oil rad then air con then water.

As per the threadtitle it only a very small weep, covered up by my lower grill winter cover, noticed when I removed it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Hood said:

Trycompare the meerkat, you may get it cheaper than tesco

Edited by: wakev

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it turns out that its the air con rad weepingfailedweld, so new rad going in tomorrow.

Also the vet noticed that theauxiliary water pump was looking damp, so they are changing that as well (only added a little coolant after the first week or so when new), wounder how many dealers would have left it ? and then it fails out ofwarranty, which only has one year left to run.

Very happy with the service from my dealer, attention todetail in every way. Getting the yeti back tomorrow

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
It sounds like you have a good vet, I recently emailed several asking about my approaching first service and the dealer at Aldershot did not even bother to reply. Which dealer are you using, a day trip including a courtesy car for sight seeing would not be out of the question.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I amusingmy supplying dealer Station garage Ewhurst near Cranliegh, some have posted bad reports on the other site but I have always had good service from bothsales and service.

Also they run a loyalty card which gives discounts andpriorityservicing, parking can be tight but they sell cars and have a busy workshop, there is a publiccar park 2minutes walk up the road.

http://www.station-garages.co.uk/

I think the dealer at Aldershot has a branch at Peasmarsh near Godalming as well

·
Administrator
4,449 Posts
Garland Motors, the Skoda dealer in Aldershot is paired with the Winchester Motor Company (strangely enough in Winchester) and AFIK has no connection with anyone else.
They are currently offering Minor Services for £129 and Major for £249 according to their website.

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
I went to Garland's old showroom when I started looking at a Yeti and they did not have one. At that time the Skoda website had a strange comment on it, something like not able to provide the Skoda promise, whatever that meant. From my point of view if they cannot be bothered to answer an enquiry from a prospective customer they don't bode well if there were ever a problem and I'll go elsewhere.

·
Administrator
4,449 Posts
yeh I too went to the showroom in 2012 and they did have a Yeti but wouldn't consider much of a discount.
Confused by their website as it gives their address as Ash Road Aldershot but the map shows them where they always were in Waterloo Road Aldershot. Not making it easy for customers are they!
They are my nearest dealer but not sure what I'll do when it comes time for a service.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SnowGood said:
Garland Motors, the Skoda dealer in Aldershot is paired with the Winchester Motor Company (strangely enough in Winchester) and AFIK has no connection with anyone else.
They are currently offering Minor Services for £129 and Major for £249 according to their website.

Yeti back home now all sorted and washed, the service was 18000 miles and cost me £193, don't know what they have done to the brakes they are so sharp now, I think the driverbehind needs clean under wear

·
Administrator
4,449 Posts
Good job Wakev.

Where did you have it serviced? Was it Garland? Presume your other choice is Colbornes in Guildford.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SnowGood said:
Good job Wakev.

Where did you have it serviced? Was it Garland? Presume your other choice is Colbornes in Guildford.

Nether of them I use mysupplyingdealer Station garage Ewhurst.

http://www.station-garages.co.uk/

And they also replaced the air concompressor as it had lost a little oil from the air con rad, they where taking no chances, all underwarranty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts