Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to do a bit of driving around looking at fireplaces and multi-fuel stoves yesterday so spent a total of 3.5hrs in the Yeti. Both the enemy and I remarked how comfortable the seats were over a longer period of time and how easy the yeti coped with town and country driving. No surprise there I guess...
Anyway, we pulled up in the local supermarket car park, she popped in to get a loaf while I waited in the car. As usual I'm away with the fairies, as usually happens in supermarket car parks, when I suddenly notice a figure lurking at the back offside corner of the car. After a second or two I realise he would like to speak to me, but was a bit hesitant, so I opened the door and said hello!

He then wanted to know everything about the car, did we like it, what mpg did it do, what did we have before, my inside leg measurement, where did we get it from, yabber, yabber.... He was a very nice chap and I'm pretty surehe went away impressed so we might have another convert
as I mentioned our forum.

I'm only kidding about the inside leg measurement and they didn't have any bread.......

Edited by: Epicyclic

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's just appalling . . . . . no bread!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have noticed a few heads turning my way from the passenger seat of overtaking cars. And one or two drivers have glanced my way as well for an inordinate amout of time.
We are still quite a rare breed in certain parts.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If your avatar is a true likeness then that might explain it . . . . . . . only joking . . . .

·
Registered
471 Posts
NO BREAD?
Use your loaf and go somewhere else ..................

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had my Yeti for about six months and regularly get asked about it the last time being an American couple a couple of weeks ago on Lewis who lurked about for a while before asking what is was. They were given the grand tour but then got a bit miffed as they couldn't get a signal on their 'phone to find the US website, I don't think they'd heard of Czechoslovakia either but has any American?

JeremyG

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Were you at work or play on Lewis, bit wild and wooly this time of year? Been to Harris & Lewis a couple of times in the Disco, looking forward to touring the south isles in the Yeti in the not too distant future.
Cheers, H.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It's the same here. You buy a Yeti and you end up being an unofficial ambassador/spokesperson for them. I like to think it's the big smile that comes with ownership that does it.

I keep hearing the words, they are inside my head, like an old song that won't go away...
"That's a nice car...what is it?...I haven't seen these before...could I have a look inside?...that's lovely...they look nice..."

Skoda should give us brochures to carry so we can just hand them out every time we are asked about our Yeti's.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
People stare at me driving around in the Yeti all the time -,are you telling me it's the vehicle they are looking at?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
maybe you should ask hubby that one.
...an amusing but somewhat diplomatic response in an attempt to hopefully avoid...

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll get the hang of this posting business one of these days!

Epicyclic said:
Were you at work or play on Lewis, bit wild and wooly this time of year? Been to Harris & Lewis a couple of times in the Disco, looking forward to touring the south isles in the Yeti in the not too distant future.

Cheers, H.

No such thing as bad weather just the wrongclothes but drinking soup on Calmac can be challenging some days.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Maybe a word at your local dealer may produce some incentive to promote yeti sales. I owned about 5 Citroen's up to 3 years ago and my local agent gave £50 for a recommend which turned into a sale

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
JeremyG said:
I'll get the hang of this posting business one of these days!
You can delete a post if you make a mistake and you are still logged in. To find it just look under Post Options -> Delete Post.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
94 Posts
I must stop wearing this mask when driving.
Nobody has expressed any interest in my Yeti when it`s parked in a car-park!
But then the folks around here are pretty boring and exhibit a lack of interest in anything of note so it might not be just the mask!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts