167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Trigger pulled on Ebay :)

Should be fun !

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you giving that shovel a new handle too? :)
I'm only going to see it as a shovel now o_O

In other news I've started to update the old V8Mini web site, adding some new content for the current antics, and will slowly be going back over the old pages to get rid of 15yrs of cobwebs.

Plenty of dirty fun so far on the way to making space for the new metal bits!
V8Mini.co.uk - You know it makes sense

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm only going to see it as a shovel now
I had a similar reaction from the owner of an Audi TT, when I said his wheels reminded me of five beer bottles:
TT wheels.jpg

I've had a look at V8 Mini and will be interested to see how Mr Moore gets on with the work.

I've had to some floor and many other repairs to the Discovery. Here the side sections of the floor are done, the centre section gets fitted after the rear cross member is replaced.
IMG_3525_zpsa4e8b556.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
Nice Mini floorpan though! I could have used one of those, when my Mini was having problems with its bodyshell integrity. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shovel has landed with a few other panels, so we had some fun over the long weekend !
2020-05-06 18.43.37.jpg

Boot hinge panel glued on, plus rear corners.
2020-05-08 12.16.12.jpg 2020-05-08 16.10.29.jpg

Plenty fun chopping!
2020-05-09 12.16.59.jpg 2020-05-09 14.39.25.jpg

Getting a lot lighter now...
2020-05-10 09.56.14.jpg 2020-05-10 11.24.43.jpg

With a minimal interior, we had to improvise a bit on the seating arrangements 😁

Slight Yeti content, I went to Tesco this morning in the Yeti.

Spag.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When we originally fitted the 'bolt in' roll cage I welded it to the shell in strategic places, so there's still plenty of strong bits even without the floor :)

Quite handy for helping keep everything in line and gives good reference points for when things start to go back.

I'm in no rush though, as without the floor it's really easy to get under the dash to sort a few niggles with the pedal box !

·
Registered
829 Posts
That could be worse than the Discovery floor; at least that still had some sound bits of floor!

I think you've got the wrong idea about full harness seat belts . . . . . :) Or is this some sort of double pendulum weight transfer device??

Strangely enough I've been doing a little welding on the Discovery this morning - after a false start when the auto darkening welding mask did not work. I had to buy a new one.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I see you're taking the home schooling seriously! Today's subject was obviously CDT (if they still do that these days) 👨‍🎓:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I thought CDT was a psychological disorder..
I thought CDT was a psychological disorder.........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Given that the floorpan was £270, sills £20 each, crossmember £50, the actual cost of individual panels isn't too bad, so the decision to just chop it out vs repair is often an easy one :)

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Given that the floorpan was £270, sills £20 each, crossmember £50, the actual cost of individual panels isn't too bad, so the decision to just chop it out vs repair is often an easy one :)
Or get them all and build the complete shell 🤭🤭🤭

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
I did a welding course at a local night school, mig, tig, arc and gas, my favourite was gas. During one of the evenings the instructor welded an aluminium crankcase from a 1913 New Imperial, that was impressive. I've not done any since, I just like having a go at things. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts