Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ,been looking at this forum for a few weeks now and tomorrow is the day I pick up my yeti.its second hand but in immaculate condition .ive gone for a silver 2 litre disel se 140 bhp.4x4 .this is a. First for me with the 4 wheel drive,I would appreciate any comments good or bad on the yeti .thanks for reading and look forward to any replies .

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome, you are in the wrong place to get bad comments
, only joking I am currently driving my third Yeti and find it a good all round vehicle it is a 110 4x4 it gets me into a muddy car park for my clay pigeon shooting, gets the boss around in normal every day driving and has the road holding abilities of s--- to a blanket, have done a 5hr trip from yorkshire to home with only a short break and felt that I could have driven further with no problem.

The 4x4 is only used when it is needed as most of the time it will put 95% of the drive to the front and 5% to the rear (a lot less tyre wear) but when it needs more drive on the rear it will put it there without you knowing, and it will break any wheel that is slipping to make the drive go to the gripping wheel, the only thing to remember is when you get wheel slip in a off road situation is not to back off the throttle.

The main thing is to just drive and enjoy you new to you Yeti, any bad bits can be read about on here but there are not many
, post up a few photos of your new toy, all the best for tomorrow enjoy your day.

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
213 Posts
I Think you will be pleased with your choice, I guess it is the old style body, which must be destined to become a classic.

I find the 4x4 just makes all rough on-road conditions effortless. I repeatedly find it has all the versatility of a large vehicle and the parkability of small vehicle. Careful not to clip the kerbs, you will find none of that under-steer in 99% of 2 wheel drive cars.

Edited by: Ferdie

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Welcome Arn. I am sure you'll join us in enjoying what the Yeti
offers and you'll be driving with a grin on your face.

As others have said you won't find too many bad comments on this forum, we leave that to others. Some people find the seats on some face-lift models to be uncomfortable, and reviews you have probably read comment about the ride being "jiggly" on poor surfaces. It's better with 16 inch wheels than the standard 17 inch. On the other hand it has beenCar of the Year and still wins plaudits when compared to other small SUVs and Jeremy Clarkson sang its praises!

Enjoy the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Arn, good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well for you and your new toy!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcome Arn,Looking at this forumthere arevery few bad comments.

I been looking at Yeti's for around 4 years, for me it was down to bottom line figures.
Finally got mine 2 weeks ago. It's a 4x4 DSG, is yours manual or auto?

What I have found/noticed is the 2ltr has afair bit of poke, put's a right smile on my face pulling away.
When you drive on normal roads you never notice if it's 2 or 4 wheel drive.

Happy driving with your new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the replys ,mine will be a manual I have driven it already and have to say it was very similar to my golf 1.9 tdi se I love this car so I guess I will be falling in love again.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome, Arn ... and don't let it be too long before we have some pics of your 'steed' and, in time, some comments about it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Arn, a big welcome to the yeti worldwide family, from a down under member. I sure do hope you enjoy your new ride and find it difficult to get the grin off of your face, just like so many other Yeti owners. Tick Tock is a typical example of a happy Yeti owner and driver.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well Arn TODAY IS THE DAY!
You must have collectedyour new Monsterby now.Quite understandably you will be King of the road & driving the very very long way back home!

When back from showing the neighbours just what they are missing, give us all your first impressions ............

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
828 Posts
And welcome to Yetiland from myself and 'Hettie'. Enjoy your new toy, you will, you know..

·
Registered
515 Posts
Help Am, how was the drive, better than you expected I bet?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sorry, should have read "hello" sausage fingers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi everyone guess who's got a big grin on his face,although the car is 4 years old it drives has if it was new.the previous owner really look after her well there are no dinks or scratches nothing.to be honest she was very reluctant to say good bye to her car.taking the car up to the lakes in 2 weeks time so really looking forward spending time getting to know her a little better.will post some pictures when I have a bit more time.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Yeti grin
it never fails, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi Arn and a belated hello from me. That smile will persist for some time. Enjoy your trip and please post some photos when you return.

·
Administrator
14,896 Posts
Arn said:
the previous owner really look after her well there are no dinks or scratches nothing.to be honest she was very reluctant to say good bye to her car.taking the car up to the lakes in 2 weeks time so really looking forward spending time getting to know her a little better.will post some pictures when I have a bit more time.

Just don't scratch it or we will tell the previous owner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts