Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 L & K with the 103KW diesel engine. I need to replace the front discs and pads, but the only pads I can find seem to be for cars with PR codes of either 1ZE or 1ZA (at GSF anyway), neither of these PR codes are on the build sticker, see attached. My brakes are the ones with the wire spring on the outside of the caliper see attached.
Can anyone give me some guidance as to the correct pads I need. I have just purchased some pads from GSF on the basis of what their website shows as the type of pads I need, referring to the reg number but it seems this info is wrong, or incomplete. Halfords list front pads for my version of the Yeti as having PR codes of 1ZE and 1 KJ, again not codes shown for my car on the PR sticker.
I am confused as to what pads I really need to order.

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,553 Posts
I would not have thought aftermarket parts would have Skoda part number codes.
The aftermarket pads probably fit across a whole range of makes and models

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Halfords, GSF, Euro Car Parts all list various PR codes,to match the type of brake parts fitted I presume. VAG option codes(or PR codes) go from 1LA to 1LZ and 1ZC to 1ZZ, but unfortunately none of these are on my sticker. I too would assume the aftermarket parts would not have Skoda ( or VAG) part numbers on them either but PR codes are not part numbers are they?
The only thing on You tube showing calipers like mine is for a 2012 Jetta. About the same vintage.
I am now beginning to think that I have Teves calipers as these seem to be the only ones that have the retaining spring, rather than the Bosch ones which I was led to believe were fitted.
I therefore will have to take the Brembo stuff back and try to source the correct bits from somewhere. Possibly even the local main dealer!

·
Administrator
17,158 Posts
If the picture in #1 is of your brakes mine are the same, I have Bosch callipers and I fitted eTextar pads. The pads didn't come with new springs I just reused the originals. eTextar are dearer than other brands but don't make your wheels turn black with dust.

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
I therefore will have to take the Brembo stuff back and try to source the correct bits from somewhere. Possibly even the local main dealer!
Why? What's wrong with them? Have you measured their diameter and thickness compared to the discs currently on the car? Or compared the pad dimensions to those currently fitted?

I have a feeling of deja vu, like this debate has been conducted before in an earlier thread? Either way, I still don't understand the fixation and hours spent chasing down PR codes for the discs and pads? When VW/Skoda clearly didn't bother listing those on the build sticker 9 years ago. No doubt to give themselves maximum flexibility over which supplier's hydraulic systems, discs and pads they fitted at the hour any particular car was going down the assembly line. Mixing and matching between Bosch or Ate(Teves) for the hydraulics and calipers vs. others for the discs and pads.

The photo in #1 also looks a lot like the Ate calipers fitted to my 2017 Yeti. However, I can't vouch for that as the photo doesn't show the outer face of the caliper, where the manufacturer's logo might be more likely to be found?

Would it not be a lot faster and and far less hassle just to measure the discs currently fitted, particularly their diameter? Then use the "Fitment detail" on web sites such as ECP or CarParts4Less (or GSF if they are your preferred motor factor?) to select the correct size discs. Before choosing your preferred disc and pad manufacturer. Regardless of supposed PR code? Especially when ECP and CP4L offer discs and pads of far better quality than those likely to have been fitted on the 2013 assembly line? Such as Brembo or Ate. (Dunno about GSF as I don't use them often, despite them being based in Leeds.) Especially considering the discs and pads currently fitted are highly unlikely to be the original OE items. And some owners have been known to upgrade their brakes to larger diameter discs from a higher power version of the Yeti. Making the OE PR codes irrelevant?

You wouldn't go chasing PR codes for other consumable items like Air or oil filters? Why bother for brake discs and pads?

That said and despite myself, I've been doing a bit more research on PR codes in relation to engine, transmission and disc sizes. Mostly using the information gleaned from CP4L for my two Yetis. An updated and expanded version of the disc size comparison lists is reproduced below & attached. With new information added for known PR codes. Any data shown in grey is where I am less sure of the information. Any corrections or updates for this information are welcome. For example, I know very little about the post-2015 petrol engined Yetis, either 1.2 or 1.4 TSi versions. So those are both omitted here.
Font Parallel Pattern Monochrome Number

1 - 5 of 5 Posts