Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Can anyone tell me what a double false floor is in the boot of a yeti ?
Super Skoda have some boot mats on special offer but they’re only for models with a double full floor my car has a full-size spare wheel Will the mat fit ?
thanks in advance
ed

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
I've not used superskoda, but I have had one of these on my boot for eight years and it is till as good as new, I also have a spare wheel. The raised sides retain spills etc. The price includes delivery. boot mat

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think someone has put too many words in the description. False floor usually refers to the floor cover that you will have in your car since you have a spare wheel.

If Supersloda show pictures, it's easy to tell the difference between the floors and the rubber mats that go with them. Can you post a link to the mat you are looking at?

The 'no-spare-wheel' floor has a tab on its rear edge which projects into the recess where the emergency triangle lives.
The 'have-spare wheel' floor has no tab on the rear edge and that's the only difference.
In both cases the rubber mat should be the same shape as the floor you have.

This is the 'have-spare wheel' floor with the tab. The tab is partly cut away in dot/dash fashion and I'm sure that Superskoda do rubber mats that can be similarly cut to fit the 'no-spare-wheel' arrangement.
IMG_20200210_124317.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've not used superskoda, but I have had one of these on my boot for eight years and it is till as good as new, I also have a spare wheel. The raised sides retain spills etc. The price includes delivery. boot mat

Thanks unfortunately wont fit my 2015 version according to their website

·
Registered
639 Posts
this is the ad, hard to tell from the picture which is very small
Looking at Superskoda pages for the boot mat, they use the same picture for both versions of the mat.
Searching on the part numbers, 5L6061160A and 5L6061160B brings up pictures of both versions of the mat against both part numbers.
My parts list gives the same description for both part numbers.
The word 'double' in the description you link to comes from the description of a double sided version of the floor mat. A cut/paste error by Superskoda I reckon.

The end result is that I cannot give you a reliable answer on whether this is the correct rubber mat for your car.
I suggest e-mailing Superskoda and asking if it is the one for a car with a spare wheel.

Or, given the price, take pot luck. If you get the wrong mat you would just have to cut off the tab section.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Eddie

Newbie here so apologies if this isn't a helpful post:
I have just ordered a rubber boot liner for my 2015 Yeti from Amazon. According to their registration checker, it will fit my car. Also checked the reviews from people with post facelift cars. If you can hold on 48hrs for it to be delivered, I can let you know if it definitely fits my car?

Travall Liner TBM1076 - Vehicle-Specific Rubber Boot Mat Liner Travall Liner TBM1076 - Vehicle-Specific Rubber Boot Mat Liner: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

·
Registered
92 Posts
We have full-size spare wheel in our 2014 Yeti. I bought a secondhand genuine Skoda boot mat and didn't discover until the deal was done that it was actually for the no-spare low-floor version. But it hardly matters. The far edge of the mat can be allowed to curl up a bit, or it can be tucked down - the latter is a slight inconvenience if you are a compulsive seat-tilter/remover.
If you allow the far edge to curl up it can gently creep the near edge towards the rear of the boot which apparently can obstruct the closing of the tailgate, though I've not had this problem. The quality of the Skoda mat is excellent. Pic is the one I bought.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The word 'double' in the description you link to comes from the description of a double sided version of the floor mat. A cut/paste error by Superskoda I reckon.
Mangled in translation no doubt. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eddie,

Re link I posted above. It fits my 2015 Adblue type boot like a dream BUT I did have to cut it. It's been designed to fit both types so I needed to trim two edges off along the lines. Really good quality mat, if a little more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
£13 dearer than the one I have which requires no cutting as it moulds to fit. Eight years old still as new and the raised sides retain spillages.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Saw your recommendation but that wouldn't fit my 2015 (no spare wheel). I needed the liner with the lip - presumably because of the AdBlue tank? Only mentioned it as Eddie said his was also a 2015.

Mine also has raised sides as I don't trust my mutt not to christen my new car! 🤣

£13 dearer than the one I have which requires no cutting as it moulds to fit. Eight years old still as new and the raised sides retain spillages.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Saw your recommendation but that wouldn't fit my 2015 (no spare wheel). I needed the liner with the lip - presumably because of the AdBlue tank? Only mentioned it as Eddie said his was also a 2015.
The adblue tank is under the carpet, the rubber mat sits on top of the carpet so almost certainly an error on their website due to not being updated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts