Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this
question has been asked many times on here, so I do apologise if it is covering
old ground, I'm also aware there has recently being a post about sealants, whereas
I'm just interested about finding the best polish to keep my Yeti looking fab!

Having just
given the Yeti a good scrub and application of Collinite 476s, which does give
a very good finish and lasts for months......but I'm always wondering, is there
a better product out there which doesn't cost a fortune. So what products do other
people here use to get that ultimate shine? I'm not big into detailing, but I do like to
stand back and admire a shiny car.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I used the turtlewax colour magic on my first yeti, then gave it a coat of wonderglaze sealant, and continued using the colour magic and it did look good well I think it did

My current one had the autoglym lifeshine applied by the dealer, and I have only used autoglym polish on it, don't think there is much in it, only it was cheaper to do it myself

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Hood said:
Llanigraham said:
Whats polish?
It's a funny old world, the people who wash your car are Polish and to make it shine they use Polish
Coffee on the screen moment.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have decided to go for the CQuartz treatment. Saving pennies! What I will get is Car washed, dewaxed, repolished to a higher standard than dealers do (not difficult), car CQuartzed, wheels treated to resist brake dust and heat damage, windows coated and interiors done with a type of scotch guard - hope to get this done well before Christmas. Will post pics.

Colour Magic is good - fills in scratches - make sure that you use gloves it really stains hands.

·
Registered
141 Posts
onceamazda said:
I'm sure this question has been asked many times on here, so I do apologise if it is covering old ground, I'm also aware there has recently being a post about sealants, whereas I'm just interested about finding the best polish to keep my Yeti looking fab! :p

Having just given the Yeti a good scrub and application of Collinite 476s, which does give a very good finish and lasts for months......but I'm always wondering, is there a better product out there which doesn't cost a fortune. So what products do other people here use to get that ultimate shine? I'm not big into detailing, but I do like to stand back and admire a shiny car :p
Collinite is a wax, rather than a polish.

I am currently using Auto Finesse Tripple,then Bilt Hamber Auto Balm.

After washing and drying the car, I now top off with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer.

Steve.
Edited by: steve20bore

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Collinite is a wax, rather than a polish"....ooops your right steve20bore.
Perhaps I should have applied something like a Auto Finesse Tripple before giving it the Collinite wax treatment to get that new shiny look.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wakev & Steve20bore what an amazing shine on both cars!It seems that the you use both different products but loads of "elbow grease" sad to admit thatI might be just too lazy to get such a fantastic result as these guys.

Now I don't wish to be too personal BUT I want to find out what product The Hood uses to get that unbelievable shine on his head, cos that's what I will use when my YETI (eventually) arrives.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not polished the Yeti yet but I have a cheap polish that I bought a 5 litre fill of a can from a valeter many years ago. No idea what it is (so not much help). I use that followed by Poorboys Natty paste (wax) on the other car.
The Yeti will get the same at some point but it's not a big hobby of mine.

I'll look at Wakev's pics to help with motivation.

Looks lovely, fella.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use the lads round the corner but i don't think they are 'Polish' I think they are Ukrainians you musthave too much time on your hands to stand there and spend an hour or so polishing, one is retired and can not find time to manually clean and polish our sketi, it all right for you worker with all the time in the world not us pensioners who are up at the crack dawn, well 11am, and in bed by 10pm. ha ha

·
Registered
760 Posts
Polish, polish! What about a bit of elbow grease and a good spitting too. This polishing lark is sure going overboard. It's a car, you know one of those things for getting you from A to B. But what a wonderful and dedicated lot some of you blokes are. For reasons unknown and unrelated, I've just had a mental image of coming out of the barbers as a kid, with a fresh short back and sides, finished off with a thorough combing with sugar water, which caused what hair I had left to set like concrete. Those were the days!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Guys, it's a Yeti. It's meant to be dirty.
Put it in the mud and enjoy yourselves!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts