Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased and fitted, or had fitted, plastic wheel arch trims as fitted to the urban?. If so, did they fit and look like they belonged, did you have mudflaps? Also, side steps, do they project out far enough to keep other car doors from my paint work?

Any thoughts, info gratefully recieved.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
I have not got the wheel arch trims but have read that if you have front sensors they obstruct those on the corners, so as I have park assist I don't intend to get them, as it would be a shame to have to cut them. Shame because I would have gone for them, perhaps Skoda will release a MK2 version at some time I do have mudflaps, although on the small size they do prevent some of the muck thrown up getting on the body work. Others have "enlarged" them by fitting thin rubber sheet between the Skoda flaps and the body work. I've never bothered looking at the side steps as the car is not really high enough to need them, and they may even end up getting in the way or reducing the ground clearance.
Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got an urban that came with the wheel arch trims fitted, I would imagine that they are the same as after market Skoda ones you would fit or get fitted, They don't project out and are very flat and smooth to the body. I got a set of black plastic yeti embosed sill protectors from Skoda which seem to be made from the same material as the arch guards and they were only a few mm thick, I also got my my Yeti fitted with mudflaps and they don't interfere with the arches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hiya, I've seen these on a showroom model and to be honest they looked rather flimsy, the wheel arches having come off. Side steps look nice but not sure if they're needed, more a styling decision.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to be so late in replying to comments. My main reason for asking about side steps was in the hope they would prevent other car doors being opened against my paintwork, but would hit the step instead. Thanks for your input and merry christmas to all..

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
They won't stop a door hitting your car as they are mich too low for that.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Llanigraham , that is as I expected.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could someone help regarding the Wheel arch Flares, on the Superskoda website they have 2 versions available.One at 138 Euros and one at 278Euros, the more expensive being a Skoda OME part. Is there a lot of difference between them?Also could one advise on the B Pillar black overlays, are they hard to fit?
Thanks in anticipation
Tony

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Check the weight difference between the two. That should give you an answer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi thanks for answer, have just checked and the Skoda OME part weighs 4.9kilo the "wider" one weighs 2.6kilo, so would presume the Skoda one is the more robust of the two?Any heads up on the B pillar accessory?
Tony

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
One isn't wider than the other, they are both exactly the same. The only difference is the S/Skoda one is thinner plastic.
What B pillar thing?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Should explain, sorry it,s the B pillar black decoration cover that Superskoda sell. It brings the B pillar in line with the C pillar and rear glass area ( all the pillars are black). Would imagine it,s similar process to putting Stone guard on the bumper area, plenty of water and a plastis card to squeegy the air out. Just wondered if they where actually stuck on ( 3m tape)Tony

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
I've not heard of anyone here or the other Forum who have fitted them.

Personally I don't like them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello I have fitted the the B piller covers and they look good once on. They come fitted with double sided tape, I fitted a bit of extra to them before fitting and have hadno problems. They also protect the top edge of the door. I am thinking of fitting the wheel arch trims, as the only ding I have in the paintwork so far is on the driver side wheel arch,which the trims would have prevented.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you Victor for explanation. Have to agree about the wheel arch trims, they do look as though they will do the job.Many thanks Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do the arch covers lip right under the arch or just cover the outside? I was looking at these as a way to try & stop the stone chipping that's occurring on the underside of the rear wheel arch lip & the rear doors too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hiya all from spain.Had a look at a Yeti with the cheaper wheel arches whilst in Portugal a while back,looked good and fitted well.Only problem was that they came as one piece for the front arch which,I can only imagine,is gonna be a bummer when and if you have to remove the front bumper.Looked at the dearer ones and they come in two peices for the front,join where the body and bumper meet.That is how they should be and wont pose a problem when the time come's.Worth checking out before spending your hard earned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have had side steps on my BMW X3, I bought the car with them on, they looked good. I later cursed them every time I got in or out of the car. The problem was, they are too high to stand on, without hitting your head off the roof, so I stepped into the car,and myright trouser leg would get dirty as it always brushed up against the step. Then SWMBO who is vertically challenged (not tall) would struggle in and then tell me about the sidesteps again!!

solution : I got our Yeti with no sidesteps.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Sidesteps: bling over substance, as Jaunoff proves.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I must admit I've never understood the logic of having 3 of the 4 (counting the middle one between the front and rear doors as one) pillars coloured black and the middle one the colour of the car. I can only assume it's to do with either the fact that these are on opening doors or money saving.

Keith

1 - 20 of 26 Posts