Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to drag all the interesting discussions back to mundane Yeti matters, but I have a question.

I have the standard L&K Origamis alloys fitted. Where can I get the shiny silver paint to touch them in?

I bought the car from Sinclairs Skoda in Swansea. They took 8 days for the pre-delivery inspection and failed to carry out the warranty door ‘bubble‘ rectification they said would be done. I then took the car back a couple of weeks later to have the work done and they took a further 10 days and still managed to not carry out all the work. It came back with white dust all over the carpets and staining on the paintwork which had to be polished out. What I didn’t notice was that two of the wheels had been damaged. There were other issues as well. I was so incensed that I promised myself I would never go near the company again.

Not sure how they made it in the recommended dealers post on here?

Rant over...any ideas on the paint which is more mirror-like than any silver cellulose I can find?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Silver - - so many of them and so minor the differences between them.

Two possibles are Felgen Silver - L1H7 and Brilliant Silver - 8Z8

There are various companies who will mix the paint according to the code and/or supply a 'test pot' to check the match.
I've used Choose Car paints from the UKs biggest online colour database in the past although not for wheel paint.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The same paints are used on other other VW group cars:

Audi Wheel Paint code.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Not sure how they made it in the recommended dealers post on here?
Because myself and others have been using them for many years and have never had a problem with them. In fact they have gone out of their way to help me on several occasions. Far more than dealers in Telford, Oswestry or Cardiff ever did.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because myself and others have been using them for many years and have never had a problem with them. In fact they have gone out of their way to help me on several occasions. Far more than dealers in Telford, Oswestry or Cardiff ever did.
They are mostly very friendly, but let me explain my experience and so you might understand my misgivings.

I rang their sales people on a Friday to make an appointment to view the car. This was arranged for the Monday morning. The salesman took me into the yard and set off to find the car. Forty very cold minutes later, he turned up with the car, which was in a filthy condition, sand all over the seats and carpets and dried on adblue all over the spare wheel recess.

As it was exactly the model and colour I wanted, I agreed to buy it but as they flatly refused to offer any form of discount, they assured me I would take delivery in ‘as new’ condition. This was to include sorting out the blisters on one of the doors, (which I had to point out) a few scratches and some surface rust on the rear cross member. The pre delivery inspection and the paintwork would be done in two days, I was told.

Without getting any form of contact in the mean time, I eventually took delivery eight days later. The car had been valeted but none of the promised remedial work had been done. I took the car back into the body shop a few weeks later, to be told the work would be done in three days. Ten days later, I was told it was finished. On picking it up from the body shop, I found white powder all over the rear seats and carpets and there was a bloom on the rear wing, which I couldn’t wash off and scuffs on two of the wheels. The scratches and the underbody work had still not been done. So back to the body shop again where they managed to get the bloom off with some form of chemical. When I mentioned the damage to the wheels they refused to accept responsibility When I pointed out that there was another ten miles on the clock, they said that they always had to carry out a road test after working on a vehicle - is that necessary after a paint job? Oh...and the unfinished work...could I book the car into the body shop again please?

I was so peed off that I just left the matter there.

When I fitted the towbar, I rang up Sinclair, asking why they hadn’t put the radio code in the appropriate box on the sales invoice. A young lady brusquely told me that It would cost me £60 for them to give me the code. When I got angry at this, she then said ”well you don’t need a code for that car because It resets itself”

I’m happy that you have had a good experience but I certainly wouldn’t trust them and will continue to advise everyone to steer well clear. It is just as well that I do all my own servicing and repair work as at least I know it has been done properly.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The salesman had been working there for three months, but the bodyshop staff were not new. The company is still in the same hands as when they were formed just after WWII.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a nearly new Mondeo a few years ago and was obliged eventually to take it to Days in Swansea (Fraud main agent) for a major service to keep the warranty. I was surprised that 45 minutes after leaving the car outside reception, I was told it was finished and that included a run through the car wash and a vacuum clean. “That will be £285 please”
Now, I really don’t believe they had 4 mechanics working on it simultaneously but hey.

When I arrived home, I received an email from Days with a video attachment as they thought I would like to see my car being serviced. And so, yes, it was my Mondeo on a ramp and all you could so was a gloved finger touching the down pipe, then the sump plug, then something else. I think I would have preferred to see the oil being drained and a new filter going in. Do they think we are all that thick?

A couple of months later the ecu decided it wasn’t going to talk to one of the injectors and so the car had to be transported 200 miles back to Days. ” You can leave it here but we can’t look at it for 10 days” they said and so two weeks later, I picked the car up and asked the mechanic what the problem had been. “Oh, just a minor software issue” he said.

There is another company that won’t get any business from me.

Signed: The other grumpy old git

1 - 10 of 10 Posts