Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As temperatures are falling I decided last week that it was time to swap the tyres over to winter ones which are on steel wheels. I didn't like the look of them at all so bought some cheap wheel trims off Ebay and fitted them today. Very pleased with the new look.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
That looks much better, do you think they will stay on, or will you be reverting to the dreaded cable ties?

I fitted my winter 16 inch wheels about a week ago, what a lovely ride they give, much better than the 17's. They are a set of Audi alloy wheels bought years ago on eBay as a buyer collects for not much money.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks much better, do you think they will stay on, or will you be reverting to the dreaded cable ties?
Yes I have decided to use cable ties which certainly detract from the look. The trims fit tightly and probably would stay in place but I'm not taking any chances.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a set of genuine Skoda trims that look really nice on my steel winter rims. A big problem with them is they trap water between the clips and cause accelerated rusting with winter salt, so I've left them off this year after refinishing the wheels two years in succession. I've mostly had cars with steel wheels and trims and the Skoda trims are the only ones that have done this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts