Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, We have had the yeti for a year now and it’s mainly short journeys my wife does so oil change each spring as I’ve always done, got the expensive oil check, oil filter check but where is it located? I assumed it would be at the front but if so it must be invisible,to me anyway, There’s a large alloy intake part in the middle with loads of plumbing around it , alternator and aircon pump to left and fans only 2 or 3 inches in front of that lot, is the filter really that concealed or is it at the back where I really am going to struggle , being built for comfort not speed if you get my drift . By the way car is 65 plate 2.0l 150hp auto.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Diesel engine? Looking at the front of the engine, level with and to the right of the alternator you can see the aluminium oil cooler. The oil filter lives underneath and access is from below
after removing the undertray.

Yeti Oil Filter.jpg

·
Registered
649 Posts
I take it that you know you will need to drain the oil filter housing before you undo the filter cap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for that, makes sense why I couldn’t see it from above, just have to jack it up enough to access the belly plate now, I see from your diagram the filter cap has it’s own little drain plug, ahh every cloud has silver lining !!

·
Registered
649 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts