Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Dolls.First post .ORDER the yeti 4x4 last week should be fun.
Which full 5w/30 synthetic are going in to these v w diesels. I've being using AGIP for years in my two large diesel 4wd.Avery good oil..

·
Administrator
13,664 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, I hope your wait for delivery is not too long. Here in England a bottle of oil (Castrol Edge) is provided with the new car, ifthat is so in Australia it will indicate the one to use. You need an oil which is VW approved, with a petrol engine that is VW 504 00 and a diesel VW 507 00. The handbook also implies checking the oil whilst the engine is warm.We have a couple of other Australian forum members who may be able to name a precise brand if Castrol Edge is not sold down under. In 12000 miles my engine has not used a drop of oil.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS SO MUCH . We are still concerned about the D S G's .I've spoken to a few tech heads down under some say all fixed some say say watch out ????Build date on demo is 2011

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
My Yeti is 3 years old in March, has now done 56k miles and has been on variable or "on-demand" servicing in that time. Three services performed at roughly 18k, 35k and 54k.
A lot depends on your mileage and useage. Mine does nearly 100 miles a day commuting across Wales to Ludlow, on typical Welsh cross-country A roads, so gets nice and hot.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COULD not agree more. My spanner guys has said when possible in stop start traffic leave the car in neutral..Anyway thanks to all...
Dave down under

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi PUG, A few weeks ago I called into a localRepco store andwandered around to check outa few items, while doing this I noticesoils which stated that they were suitable for VW 504 and 507. I think they were Castrol.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
504 is the oil for fixed period servicing
507 for variable.

That coding should be on any oil that is used in the Yeti. Any other coding is NOT suitable.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greetings all.Just had a strange yeti story to tell.Was told yeti was in pre delivery stage and was ok to pick up the date given.
Arrived at dealers at the time told and was informed car was not ready and should have rung before coming down to show room.
When asked to for manager was told everyone was tired up in sales meeting..&@&@&@&@@@@&@@&&&&&@@&! ,, , ,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts