Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering buying a yeti,but i can't decide which one to go for.
I don't want a 4x4 ,so my only options are the 1.2,1.4 1.6 d green line or the 2l diesel 110hp.
Help.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome, I think you need to look at you daily, weekly, usage to make part of your choice, petrol or diesel.

I had the 1.2 and found it a lovely drive good acceleration and very quite, I now have the 110 TDI only moved to the 110 to get the 4x4 , this engine is also very surprising, good power even with the extra drag of the 4x4. Also gives me good mpg average in the summer 48-49 mpg in the colder months 43-45 mpg, and that's on journeys of 5-6 miles every week day and a few shorter moves during the day.

I have never driven a 1.6 greenline so that I cannot comment on it. I think you need to make your first choice of which fuel, then go and test drive your choice. (and the others just for the fun of it
) Enjoy your looking and testing

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Hi
I've got the 140 4x4 diesel and my fuel consumption equals that of Wakev, I've also driven the 1.2 (but only for around 250 miles)
If you have a low annual mileage and make short stop start journeys I would not go for a diesel as the DPF would probably not like it. If on the other hand you will be making fairly long journeys, (I average 15 to 18000 miles a year with regular trips to Germany),carrying a full load, or driving up a lot of hills I would go for a diesel (or at least a larger petrol engine).
As I had gone from a larger diesel engine to the 1.2, I found it much slower with it struggling up hills, the fuel consumption was also heavier than my diesel.
In defence of the 1.2, the engine was very quiet and lively for it's size. Whichever one you go for make sure you have a heated windscreen.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Hi
I've got the 140 4x4 diesel and my fuel consumption equals that of Wakev, I've also driven the 1.2 (but only for around 250 miles)
If you have a low annual mileage and make short stop start journeys I would not go for a diesel as the DPF would probably not like it. If on the other hand you will be making fairly long journeys, (I average 15 to 18000 miles a year with regular trips to Germany),carrying a full load, or driving up a lot of hills I would go for a diesel (or at least a larger petrol engine).
As I had gone from a larger diesel engine to the 1.2, I found it much slower with it struggling up hills, the fuel consumption was also heavier than my diesel.
In defence of the 1.2, the engine was very quiet and lively for it's size. Whichever one you go for make sure you have a heated windscreen.

The only down side at the moment it the 1.2 is the only petrol, the 1.4 and 1.8 has been withdraw, may become available again with the release of the facelift. Also the 110 4x4 elegance is not available, hope that returns as it was going to be my replacement for the current one next year.

The 1.2 engine is tight to start with but mine was much better after it had done 8-9k.

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
77 Posts
What noticeable differences do people find between the 110bhp diesel and the 140bhp diesel? That is a question that will face a few people and so would be an interesting one to read about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
110 is a bit flat at motorway speeds, no real go at all. It also feels very under geared when cruising.
The 140 is perky at speed and a bit of a rocket all round with a very nice spread of gears.
I get average 48mpg in general, and 53 on long runs using cruise control.

Go for the 140.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mark - Interesting comments. I have a 1.6d, 115bhp, in my Volvo V60 but it is quite a perky engine and has no issues when overtaking on A roads or at motorway speeds.

It is a shame Skoda don't offer the 140bhp engine with 2wd as that would squeeze some extra mpg out of the car but give it the perkiness that the 110bhp seems to lack.

Good mpg by the way, pretty close to the official stats.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi there, we achieved 5.2 litres per 100 klms average (54 mpg) on a recent 770 km mostly freeway journey, using cruise control in our 103kw TDI 4wd Yeti.
All the best, Rob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts