Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone advise on secure towing mirrors tried a few but the straps are too short or they don't clamp on securely.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use a Milenco Grand Aero, admittedly they are not easy to adjust at
first but if you move the clamps fairly close together and ensure the
Yeti mirrors are adjusted as low as possible this creates a large enough
gap to slide the clamps in. As long as the clamps are tightened
sufficiently they appear to be fairly stable.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
grin factor said:
I use suck it and see mirrors, find them very good
I use the same, and have found them perfectly secure, even at French motorwat speeds.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I use Milenco Aero and find they are fine. The newer mirrors seem to have thinner clamps to fit between glass and outer case. No problem from Northumberland to Spain and Germany. A word of advice though, learnt from my son who lost his mirrors at speed on a motorway. Do not treat the mirror case with plastic polish treatment, such as 'back to black' because it reduces the grip of the clamps. They felt firm enough, but slid off after a while at speed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Milenco Aero

I use these without any fixing problems to the Yeti. However I can't seem to adust the nearside mirror to get a decent rear view of the van I either get the sky or the road surface or the bottom corner of the van. Any adjusting hints welcome.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use grand aero's, I agree adjustment of the near side mirror is fiddly but managed in the end by repeated visits from the driver's seat to the mirror making small adjustments each time
Sorry but I found no quick answer.

·
Registered
828 Posts
geneste said:
Milenco Aero

I use these without any fixing problems to the Yeti. However I can't seem to adust the nearside mirror to get a decent rear view of the van I either get the sky or the road surface or the bottom corner of the van. Any adjusting hints welcome.

I am , perhaps rashly, assuming that there is a Mrs Geneste who could stand out in the cold, wind and rain while you shout adjusting instructions from the driving seat. Just be careful you don't end up wearing one or both mirrors!!
Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a SWMBO and making small adjustments to the mirror is not a service available to me and I would spend the rest of the trip in an icy silence. I think the answer is to attach it for appearance sake and use the Yeti mirrors which seem enough.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have recently purchased a pair of Milenco Falcon mirrors having tried several different types at my local caravan dealers. They will fit either on the top or bottom of the mirror and have fairly long arms and thin blades on the clamp fixing. They were under £ 40 for the pair.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
geneste said:
There is a SWMBO and making small adjustments to the mirror is not a service available to me and I would spend the rest of the trip in an icy silence. I think the answer is to attach it for appearance sake and use the Yeti mirrors which seem enough.

Just remember that the Law requires you to be able to see an object 40 ft behind and in line with either side of the trailer. Unless you have a narrow trailer/caravan, in my experience that is not possible with the standard mirrors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Llanigraham said:
geneste said:

Just remember that the Law requires you to be able to see an object 40 ft behind and in line with either side of the trailer. Unless you have a narrow trailer/caravan, in my experience that is not possible with the standard mirrors.
Not sure what you say is quite right. If you look at the link http://www.caravanwise.co.uk/caravan-tips/towing-mirrors.html it gives a good pictorial description for the use of mirrors and the latest legal requirements. Hope this helps.
ATB

·
Registered
46 Posts
We use Milenco Aero and once adjusted to suit they are great with our Eriba. Some caravans will be wider than the cars mirrors, apart from the legal issues etc, if the extended mirrors go through a gap (in a straight ish line), so will the 'van, normally.
Edited by: Alfie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts