Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As yet I haven't had a test drive in a Yeti, but to help me before I do was wondering how many of you tow a caravan, and which engine did you choose?
We have a 2 berth weighing in at around 1050kgs and use it about 6/7 times a year, but never go too far, 150 miles away is about the most.

I would think the 1.2 may not have enough power and am looking more at the 1.6D.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
I tow a 1250kg Bailey, with a 140bhp 4x4 diesel. Not sure of the mileage I do, but we go to rallies a lot, down to the daughter's in Cornwall, and to France.
Tows really well.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
If you are towing a van then you would be better off with a diesel (in particular a DSG) rather than the petrol 1.2 TSI. The 1.2 can struggle a bit when loads are applied, especially when also going up a hill. The only petrol engine model that would probably be suitable would be the 1.8 TSI, but suspect that the fuel economy with this motor would not be good with a van attached on the back. There are a few people here with vans and I have never ever seen a complaint about the 2.0 diesels towing ability so they must be pretty good..

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
828 Posts
I also tow a 1150ish KG Bailey with a 140 bhp 4x4, 2 ltr. No problems. ( touch wood ) Northumberland to southern France and Alps. Highly recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts