Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading some of the member stories regarding waiting times for the Yeti.Yes I know it is a great car and it worms it's way into your vulnerable soft spots but
I passed a Kia dealer earlier this afternoon and being interested in the Orange colour
that Skoda will no longer let us have, I had a good look round the Sportage, same spec as my Yeti Elegance, same price, 7 years warranty and wait for it.......... 4 weeks delivery!!!!
Someone, somewhere in the Czech Republic is having a small girraffe with us.

·
Administrator
14,590 Posts
I think it is just a case that Kia make more cars than theysell, and Skoda sell more than they can make. I must admit thatI did not enjoy waiting four months, but there are side effects such as good residual values, and I got the car I wanted rather than a bog standard off the shelf metal box.

·
Premium Member
5,225 Posts
There is also the fact that Kia have very few "extra's" in the models, so they can safely build "stock" models.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have just swapped from a 1.7 diesel Sportage to the Yeti SE Greenline, best days work for years.
Yes the Sportage looks better with it's slick lines, but the quality is far below that of the Yeti VW quality.
The servicing costs are a lot higher with the Sportage, 24 month service is £267.00 @ my local KIA agent.
The ride is harder with the Sportage, and tends to throw you about.
The all round vision is worse with the Sportage, dispite it's bigger mirrors.

In my opinion, pound for pound, the Yeti has a better spec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts