Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello the Forum,

Has anyone fitted wider wheels to their car? I would be interested to know of anybody's positive or negative experience or thoughts.
I have seen some 7.5J section wheels that i would like to fit but they would be greater in width over the stock 7.0J rims.

Thanks all

·
Registered
206 Posts
The standard wheels throw up enough muck on the body work I hate to think how much more would be thrown up by wider wheels !!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Empcon

Thanks for your thoughts i do have the mudflaps fitted all round which i find help keep the worst of the mud off but these wheels i have been looking at don't come in the 7.0J section! mores the pity.

Cheers

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Yetiman, will the wheels/tyres be wider than the wheel arch?The boys in blue can pick you up if the wheels/tyres are not covered. It's all to do with muck etc being thrown up.
Most times it won't be noticed but, also check with your insurance company.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tick Tock, The Hood,

Thanks for your comments both very useful. Probably going to look again at something with the stock width.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
1/ Check the off-set of the wheels, otherwise you could have clearance problems with the struts.

2/ The "fender flares" linked to above are all of 2mm wider than the body!! They will do nothing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Rolymo, I have to admit that I do remember, those were the days of classics Hamlet adverts also, I can almost hear the music playing now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts