Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Tarr Steps, Exmoor. River flooded and centre of clapper bridge washed away. Water to the top of my wellies, and local ranger in LR Defender on far side who declined to cross the ford convinced me coffee and bun in the adjacent pub was the best idea.
Time to wash some mud from Hettie.

Followed by washing moor mud off.

Showing her abilities 'off road'. Nothing too strenuous.

Finally a little 'green laning'

I do like my ( our ) car!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice photo's Tim, bet you enjoyed getting Hettie's feet wet!

Like the sound of coffee and a bun too, never been to the Tarr Steps another one for the list, we're wondering where to go over the Xmas break so that might just fit the bill, hopefully there won't be too many tourists about then....

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Good to see you testing the depth before taking the yeti in

Looks like fun, good to get them out in the wilds occasionally.

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great pictures, good to see a Yeti getting out and about. That looks like another place where a Yeti is at home.
Cheers, Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
A decent water crossing followed by a tasty treat and coffee. What a great day.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Some great photo's Igg.We love Exmoor and visit fairly frequently.
It is a very beautiful part of the country that is not over populated during the holiday season - which is good. Particularly enjoy the East Lyn valley near Lynmouth and Watersmeet.
Been to Tar Steps many times and visited same pub, 'tis a great location.
You have wetted my appetite for another visit soon and am looking forward to taking the yeti next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oops! The ford which the Yeti is shown crossing is NOT the ford at Tarr Steps! The Tarr Steps ford is far too deep for a Yeti. The ford which the car is crossing is a small stream on the road from Chibbet Post to Landacre. I do hope this is not a deliberate deception!

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
Plenty of Devon fords listed here:http://www.wetroads.co.uk/devon.htm

Other counties also available!

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Ctfairway said:
Oops! The ford which the Yeti is shown crossing is NOT the ford at Tarr Steps! The Tarr Steps ford is far too deep for a Yeti. The ford which the car is crossing is a small stream on the road from Chibbet Post to Landacre. I do hope this is not a deliberate deception!

The OP said he did not cross Tarr Steps as the water was too deep. The second picture looks different as the vegetation and surroundings are different, I had assumed the second body of water was on the way to the pub previously mentioned and it was not inferred that he had crossed Tarr steps.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That looks like a nice day out, with no photographs showing rain, but some cloud cover and also some sunshine.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quite right, the ford at Tarr Steps was too deep. The ford we drove through was somewhere in the vicinity.

Some 45 years ago we did ford the river at Tarr Steps in a Standard 8, and somewhere in the loft is a photograph taken by an amazed onlooker. A copy of which was posted to me.

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
igg said:
Quite right, the ford at Tarr Steps was too deep. The ford we drove through was somewhere in the vicinity.

Some 45 years ago we did ford the river at Tarr Steps in a Standard 8, and somewhere in the loft is a photograph taken by an amazed onlooker. A copy of which was posted to me.

All the fords in Devon:
http://www.wetroads.co.uk/devon.htm

·
Registered
566 Posts
This is how it looked when I was last there. Four hoof drive is the way to go. Looks as if.......... yes, he's got his summer shoes on

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
Lovely picture Binbert. Seeing the spare horse reminds me of a Tim Vine joke. 'Have you ever been half way through eating a horse when you realised you weren't as hungry as you thought'.'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts