Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hair needed a trim before the lockdown and now it's getting long. There is a choice to be made, let it grow or cut it yourself. I offered to cut the wife's but she is growing a ponytail. For the fashion conscious, hack bits off and set a new style, but then I suppose most of us will be doing that, just remember to have your best glasses on.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
DIY, i got grader, been cutting my own for about 20 years now, get the wife to go across the back and round the ears.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Amusing story as a kid my mother or father always took me for hair cut and you always had what they said.

First time i went by myself the barber asked on doing the back, "round or square neck", i had no idea what he was on about so just said as it is.
Was years later i finally realised what it was!!!

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
We have a small barbers up the road. There always seems to be a different person every time I go, 99% of which are rather nice young ladies, who ask "what would you like?". Just off to Bob's corner.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
I cut my own hair with no4 comb on clippers, and the wife trims up the back.

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
I’m going more for the Flávio Briatore style. :)

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
I'm aiming for the Willie Nelson look, minus the wrinkles and with added spectacles.

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
I loved Willie Nelson’s quote about Linda Ronstadt. :-
“There are two kinds of men in the world. Those who have a crush on Linda. And those who have no idea who she is.”
I still count myself in the former group. :)

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
His version of 'Your are always on my mind' still draws a tear.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My old avatar was a wig, taken during filming. My hair care regime usually involves nivea shaving foam and a razor, with a trip to a Turkish barber for a hot towel shave every 2 weeks. I'm going to miss having my head wrapped in a towel full of boiling water.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Jasper Carrot once said " Under every ponytail there's an 370H35J9 " (read upside down) :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
Are you sure you could pull it off?
View attachment 3613
No problem! Flav’s Hair is whiter than that now too. :)

Still shame about Michael though. No matter what you thought of his sportsmanship, nobody deserves to suffer his fate.

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
I remember spelling a few words with numbers on my first very basic calcuator. I'd just bought a top of the range slide rule, when HP brought out the first affordable scientific calculator. Curses (or cursors, perhaps). Bobdog: did you know John's boatyard in Stalham? A very good friend has an electric boat, which John stored over winter. I visited once, had a lovely quiet day on the Broads, although it was a bit choppy on Barton Broad, then met John with his former wife in their magnificent house. I believe the museum has bought the yard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts