Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have had wind deflectors fitted by local agent but every so often it sounds like like glass grating when winding windows up. also sometimes windows go almost to the top then go back down any help?????

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
One or more of the clips used to fit the wind deflectors have not been fitted properly and is catching the glass, get them to look at it asp it will scratch the glass. It maybe just a case of the clip being fitted round the wrong way.

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
I fitted Heko deflectors to my Yeti, there are two u shaped metal clips which push up into the window channel. In addition there are pieces of double sided tape along the edge which fits into the channel.
The clips push the wind deflector away from the glass and can be pushed fully into place with the end of a pencil or something similar. My windows also lowered as soon as they met the edge of the deflector, what I did was activate the fully raise function and helped the glass to close by placing a hand either side of the glass helping it raise and preventing it lowering. I only had to do this once for each window and they have stayed up ever since.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
If you want to try and have a go at refitting them properly at some stage, then this is an excellent How To video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnSRJ_d_dw0
Quite simple really but even easier when all the tips and tricks are explained.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fitted Climair deflectors front and rear and other than the initial support required to "help them overcome the safety feature" by manually sliding them and leaving thyem for 24 hours I have not had a single problem with them. They work well and look fantastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts