Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am seriously thinking of buying a yeti but would ask this question of current owners. are the wing mirrors electric and if so can you pull them in and still drive the car? ... narrow garage doors is the reason. many thanks, George

·
Registered
159 Posts
You certainly can! Use the switch to fold them and when you restart they stay folded until you want them i.e. when you are back out of the tight garage. Oddly I don't use that feature as I need the mirrors out to reverse!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Feedie, thanks for the quick reply. I can get my current vehicle out ( Freelander 1) but need the mirrors in which is a bind as they are not electric!fortunately it is a wide garage but the door posts are a bit tight though I can reverse with the mirrors except as the they pass the actual door post.
once again thank you for the fast answer
George

·
Administrator
4,434 Posts
The Yeti with wing mirrors out is 1.96m wide which is narrower than a Freelander by a little over 4cm so with care you may be okay, or at least you'll have a bit more wriggle room.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Snowgood, thanks for that, I have not measured the gap yet but with your info I shall do it first thing in the morning.Regards, George

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Nichola, thanks for your input, I had not even considered thet they may not be powered! I am still at the early stages of planning which model I will buy but I think it will be the SE spec
Regards, George

·
Registered
760 Posts
Nichola, thank you for this information, for I have wondered if none electric wing mirrors can be folded in manually. Knowing the people on this forum, I'm sure one or two others will soon post to verify this fact.

May your day be filled with sunshine.

Banjobach

·
Registered
94 Posts
My wing mirrors are electric and will fold back out to their original position when the ignition is activated. That is a good feature in that you can`t forget about them when driving off but it is no good when trying to negotiate a narrow garage entrance or drive-way!
I drove a Chrevrolet Cruze in the summer and had to cope with just a couple of centimetres leeway on either side of the mirrors when going in or out of the garage being used. Their mechanism was similar to the Yeti so couldn`t be driven folded in.

Any way possible get around this with electric mirrors?

·
Registered
266 Posts
There's a position on the mirror adjuster to fold the mirrors in. Using this control they will stay folded as long as the control is in this position.
Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts