Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blades squeaking like **** very annoying,only done 4k miles cleaned them but no better surely i dont require new blades the car is only 6 months old.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
I assume you have used a chemical cleaner on your windscreen (something more potent than screen fluid)?An old cause of noisey wipers was due to them becoming slightly bent over, due to being parked in the same place all the time. With the Yeti it is possible to have the wipers park in a slightly different position every other time (or close to it) each time you switch off, is this set on your car?

If you stop the wipers at the 12 O'clock position is the blade at 90 degrees to the glass?

if the wipers are clearing the glass without leaving streaks it is probably down to one of the above.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers,didnt know you could set the blades to a different position,how do you set them.
thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
You don't need to do anything tot 'set' this. Each time you put them off, they automatically change position. If they aren't used a while due todry weather,1 time out of 3 you cut the contact they change their position anyway. You can really SEE them doing it if you look closely and with attention. There are 5 different positions. Nice gadget. Found out that a similar asset is on the rear window wiper: 1 time out of2 you cut the contact they change their position.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
Hi
We are both right on this one, the front wipers are already set to park in different positions every third time, the back wiper is the one that needs to be set/unset using the wiper stalk. My front wipers alsomake make a slight clonk as they change position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts