Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, long time no speak. Read the forum regularly but don't contribute as I have nothing to say mainly because I don't drive the Yeti. Libby has taken total control of it!! Knew I shouldn't have bought her that private plate!!

However that is about to change as she is changing jobs and it involves some business mileage. Our (?) Yeti is a Motability vehicle and whilst she can commute to work in it she can't (quite rightly)travel to multiple locations in it. So we have to get a vehicle that we can.
Buying the Yeti is not an option, so the reason for the title of this post is simple HOW THE **** DO YOU REPLACE A YETI???

Answer - with great difficulty. There isn't another 2nd hand 4x4 that comes remotely close to a 170bhp Elegance.

Choices at the moment are Freelander or (my preference)Jag X Type estate or look at the Skoda estates, so here we go...........

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Mazda CX5 seems to get very good write ups. Is that a possibility?

Incidentally, I do agree there is no comparable car on the market that offers the same combination of price, value, size and quality. There are cars that are more expensive, VW, Mazda, Audi, BMW for example, and the odd cheaper option, Dacia, but none touch the Yeti for that magic combination. Best of luck.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
EdmundBlackadder said:
The Mazda CX5 seems to get very good write ups. Is that a possibility?

Incidentally, I do agree there is no comparable car on the market that offers the same combination of price, value, size and quality. There are cars that are more expensive, VW, Mazda, Audi, BMW for example, and the odd cheaper option, Dacia, but none touch the Yeti for that magic combination. Best of luck.
And that's from a man who has strayed to a Volvo! Well said that man, just a matter of time, he will be back.

Whilst I was looking around for a car (leaving the best (Yeti) until last I had a look at a Suzuki S4x4. It is smaller and a less solid build but until now I have always bought Japanese and not had any problems (or as much fun as the Yeti).

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I too bought the Yeti with mobility issues a significant part of the decision process. Yes, it is hard too find a similar vehicle at this price point.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hood - In Volvo's case they have the XC60 as their smallest version of this type of car. It is much bigger than a Yeti and starts at £30k! They need to get an XC version of the V40 out there as people love crossovers but don't necessarily want a huge car. This is where the cleverness of the Yeti comes into play.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Yes I agree the XC60 is a big lump, I have an LGV licence but still wouldn't want one. Also having owned two Volvo's I wouldn't buy one with my own money, they were too unreliable and both had recalls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts