Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I collected my Yeti this week and everything is great but I have some real confusion over the spare wheel it was supplied with. I realise they dont come with a spare wheel as standard but mine did however there appear to be two problems, one in that the tool kit does not fit within the spare wheel correctly meaning the rear floor is uneven and secondly, the spare is a 16" wheel and not a 17" that are in the actual vehicle. Before I go back to the dealer on Monday I thought best check here in case it was something obvious?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
707 Posts
A 16" spare is correct, whatever size the other wheels are. The tyre however should be a 195/60 x 16, not a 205/55 x 16.

Additionally it's fitted incorectly. The tool holder polystyrene thing should go in first over the central securing 'bolt' (big plastic thing) and then the spare wheel fits over that but the other way up to how it's currently fitted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I did try it the other way up with the took kit holder below the wheel and it did not fit at all as there was not enough thread on the plastic bit to screw it on. Is it worth going back to the dealer if this is the wrong tyre anyway?

·
Registered
707 Posts
You've nothing to lose by going back to the dealer and a properly fitting and secured spare wheel to gain. The 10mm wider tyre is very probably the reason why there's insufficient thread showing on the bolt.

·
Premium Member
4,784 Posts
As Bryetian said, a 16” spare wheel is fine provided it is fitted with a suitable size tyre.
195/60x16 is the correct size for the spare wheel available as a factory option.
The correct spare wheel itself should be 5J rim width and offset ET50.

205/55x16 gives diameter 632mm, circumference 1985mm.
195/60x16 gives diameter 640mm, circumference 2012mm.
225/50x17 gives diameter 657mm, circumference 2063mm.

Looks like someone has fitted a wrong size tyre to the spare wheel, at some point.
It is rather too small compared the 17” option wheels you say are fitted to your Yeti as its regular road wheels.

·
Administrator
13,063 Posts
Apologies for the jumbled pictures in the link, The pictures were lost in the forum update, so we repaired it by replacing the pictures. Then a couple of days ago some of the missing pictures started reappearing, looks like we will have to fix them for a second time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses, I have now managed to get it all to fit nice and snug, I was doing something stupid ?

So, is it worth getting this tyre replaced or will the one fitted be Ok to get me home in an emergency?

·
Administrator
13,063 Posts
As the only Skoda approved size is 195/60/16 I would also get them to change it, depending on the rim they may only need to swap the tyre.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts