Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got a 2016 L&K Yeti 4x4 and I want a set of roof bars that just lock on with a key so they can be taken on and off in minutes, I don't want to mess around with screws or bolts, just want to chuck a fishing rod Holdall on once or twice a week, but I don't want to leave the roof bars on.
Anyone know if there is anything out there which might fit my requirements.
Thanks in advance for your

·
Administrator
5,258 Posts
Welcome
Thule bars and 775 feet will fit and can often be obtained on Ebay or other auction sites if you want to avoid the Yeti OEM bars which need the bolts.

Reactions: dogs4training

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
the Yeti OEM bars which need the bolts.
The bolts in question for the OEM Skoda bars, are a one-time-only fitment. Applied to the longitudinal rails. Once those are in place, the cross-ways bars simply latch on and off to those. With a simple and quick lever mechanism to latch the bars to the fixed bolts. The bolts in the inner face of the rails stay there forever. Latching the bars on or off to/from the bolts takes only a couple of minutes. Similar to alternatives that clamp onto the rails directly. In some cases faster, depending on the clamping mechanism involved.

The only complication they have is a locking end plate at each corner. To prevent the bars being easily removed by your local t-leaf while you're not looking.

The biggest difference on some of the alternative bars and fixings I've looked at is that the OEM bars tend to have greater clearance between roof and bar. Which makes for easier strapping for loads like construction timbers, fencing posts or panels, etc. to be transported. Plus the OEM fixings appear to be stronger / capable of carrying a greater load (like a Robinson Helicopter perhaps? :))

·
Administrator
15,096 Posts
I have got a set of Thule bars with 775 feet and a set of OEM bars. I hardly ever use the OEM bars as the Thule let you decide where they are going to be put, and I have acquired quite a few Thule attachments. Don't forget to remove the aerial when using the roof rack for large objects.
I also carry a pair of these steps for loading and unloading. (bought from B&Q)

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Hi all, just got a 2016 L&K Yeti 4x4 and I want a set of roof bars that just lock on with a key so they can be taken on and off in minutes, I don't want to mess around with screws or bolts, just want to chuck a fishing rod Holdall on once or twice a week, but I don't want to leave the roof bars on.
Yeti bars are fitted very quick and would suit your requirements above.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A couple of links to places you can buy the official Yeti bars from..

·
Registered
712 Posts
I very occasionally need to carry a canoe on the roof and have little other use for roof bars. These fit, are rated at 60kg (90kg max) and are much cheaper that OEM or Thules. I paid £36 for mine a few months ago. M.Way NNRB1045.55 New 135mm CAR ROOF AERO Bars Rack Aluminium Locking Cross Rails: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
I only hear noise when cycle carriers are fitted.

Otherwise no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts