Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Waiting for delivery of a new Silver 1.6 TDI Greenline Skoda Yeti, been waiting since October, ordered loads of bits etc including small 'A' Bar for front end, cant wait to start assembly!!. Did see a very interesting comparison by Autocar on 4 x 4 Yeti v 2 wheel drive Yeti fitted with snow tyres, overall it suggests you dont need 4 x 4 in snowy conditions so long as you have decent snow tyres. As a current 4 x 4 owner it was a bit of an eye opener and calmed my fears of going back to 2 wheel drive version. See link address for Autocar video http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1577029869001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAEgPHU3E~,qeGhIM7pfOpZDy-HNK-NX4r46j5obFnI&bclid=0&bctid=2131150828001

Edited by: andyCangler

·
Registered
448 Posts
You've had a long wait...did you order lots of factory add-ons? I've been told I'll only have to wait about 8-10 weeks for mine, and that seems an absolute age! Presumably yours will be along any day now, you lucky beggar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the video clip , will be watching that later, my Elegance (1.2 DSG) was order just at the beginning of Dec 2012 and today i have been told that it has arrived into the UK . It will be with me the end of next week ( i Hope)

·
Registered
786 Posts
WOW - a very interesting test. I nearly lost my Yeti over a bank this winter so will seriously be considering some winter tyres next year. The real trouble is the snow only really lasts for a week at most...

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
discosteve said:
WOW - a very interesting test. I nearly lost my Yeti over a bank this winter so will seriously be considering some winter tyres next year. The real trouble is the snow only really lasts for a week at most...
Don't forget they are winter tyres not snow tyres. They are better whenever the temperature is seven degrees or lower, plus better in the (cold) wet weather. If you are keeping your car long term get another set of wheels (mine were £60 for Audi alloys on eBAY) and swap the wheels over. You will only wear one set out at a time so your summer boots will last longer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In Sweden you must have winter tyres according to the traffic laws. This i during December 1- March 31 if there are snow or ice on the roads. So I drive 4x4 and winter tyres.... thats the thing

·
Registered
448 Posts
You could leave them on all year, and they would give you grip, roadholding and ride quality almost as good as summer tyres, but the downside is that they will wear much quicker, as they are made of a softer compound that will degrade quicker at warmer temperatures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts