Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had a similar problem around 60,000 miles Robbie .. it gradually got worse until new coil packs cured it - now on 70,000 and never a misfire since the coil packs were renewed. I blamed the salt laden air blowing off the rough seas while living on an island on the west coast of Scotland for causing their early demise ---
cheers - Don

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What brand are the spark plugs?
Some manufacturers put date codes on them.
What brand are the spark plugs?
Some manufacturers put date codes on them.
Hi Cubes, they are VWAG plugs and the date stamp is m97s and the VWAG full part number is stamped as well. I’ve just emailed NGK to see if they can advise on the short code. Cheers. Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Had a similar problem around 60,000 miles Robbie .. it gradually got worse until new coil packs cured it - now on 70,000 and never a misfire since the coil packs were renewed. I blamed the salt laden air blowing off the rough seas while living on an island on the west coast of Scotland for causing their early demise ---
cheers - Don
Hi Don, I changed number 1 and was looking at changing all of them but not sure if they ever changed the plugs. Just got a concern with the Skoda dealer. Cheers. Robbie

·
Registered
580 Posts
they are VWAG plugs
"VW AG" just stands for Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (the German equivalent of our plc, a company whose shares are traded publicly). That just shows that they are genuine VW parts.

Is there a three-digit code (usually three letters, although there might be a number in there)?
Each VW supplier has their own unique three-digit code. I have a list of these "Hersteller" codes, which would reveal which company supplied them to VW.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
"VW AG" just stands for Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (the German equivalent of our plc, a company whose shares are traded publicly). That just shows that they are genuine VW parts.

Is there a three-digit code (usually three letters, although there might be a number in there)?
Each VW supplier has their own unique three-digit code. I have a list of these "Hersteller" codes, which would reveal which company supplied them to VW.
They have a stamp m97s on the hex, NGK just replied and advised they are Jan 2019 from Japan. Does that sound right? Cheers Rob

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sounds like NGK recognise the date code, so there's no reason to doubt it.
And it proves they weren't the original plugs, so Skoda probably did change them in Jan 2020.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sounds like NGK recognise the date code, so there's no reason to doubt it.
And it proves they weren't the original plugs, so Skoda probably did change them in Jan 2020.
That’s good news, i guess they’ve painted over the bolt on number one coil when all the plugs were changed .
Hopefully the cam belt was done and they’ve painted over the various cover bolts as well.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts