Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI SE L Drive Automatic Grey Petrol 2017
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, having a little look around the engine compartment the other day I noticed a hole in the bulkhead between the engine and passenger compartment on the drivers side about 2.5 inch diameter it has a rubber seal around the edge so it looks like it should be there. Is this normal ?
Thanks in advance for any advise.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi all, having a little look around the engine compartment the other day I noticed a hole in the bulkhead between the engine and passenger compartment on the drivers side about 2.5 inch diameter it has a rubber seal around the edge so it looks like it should be there. Is this normal ?
Thanks in advance for any advise.
A photo of said hole, both detailed and positional, would help please?

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
Just a guess - as you have an automatic, could it be where the clutch pedal would fit in a manual? If it's on the left of the driver's footwell that could confirm it.

Reactions: Livesey and Ruari

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
7,039 Posts
Good thought Jimmy. There still shouldn't be a hole that you can see daylight through though! Should be a blanking plate or grommet of some description. We await a photo and/or a more precise description of the location.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Thanks for the replies, I've looked again and the hole from inside the cab is to the left hand side of the break pedal high up in the foot well and
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Bumper

would be in a position where the clutch pedal would go if it had one

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will add im pretty impressed with myself that I managed to get ONE photo on here !! I had three but couldnt get the other two to download :):(:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hood Motor vehicle Black Automotive design Trunk
Helmet Hood Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire
:p
SUCCESS :p Now I am really chuffed these are taken from the inside of the engine compartment

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Livesey

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That will be the hole for the clutch pedal/master cylinder assembly on a model with a manual gearbox. It should be blanked.

Reactions: Livesey and Robjon

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A couple of pictures of the blank. From inside it appears semi-rigid and it looks like it's a section of insulation shaped to fit the area that's cut out on a manual car.
I could not get my fingers on the blank proper from the engine side as the engine is far too hot atm.

Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

Tire Car Hood Automotive tire Light

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Probably a change or mistake on the production line, or maybe the customer changed the spec and it was not fully implemented, or perhaps a cancelled manual order meant the body ended up being fitted with a DSG box. I removed the rough road option after ordering my Yeti, the price was removed but the RR package was still fitted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank You all for the replies. Now to figure out what to do?

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
7,039 Posts
Thank You all for the replies. Now to figure out what to do?
How long ago did you buy the car?
Did you buy from a dealer or private sale?

• Wow
Reactions: Ruari

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How long ago did you buy the car?
Did you buy from a dealer or private sale?
Hi sorry for the late reply, I bought the Yeti from a Dealer on 12August 2021 with 6 months Guarantee (was not a Skoda dealer) so still under warranty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts