Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeti, Libby and I are having a holiday soon in Welsh Wales. Got all neccessary travel doc's etc and checked that the Sat Nav operates in that part of the world and still communicates in English.

Going to Laugharne, Dyfed, Dylan Thomas country - been before - lovely part of the world and the natives were extremely friendly.

Will keep a lookout for yeti's flying the Red Dragon and will wave if the opportunity arises

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Have a good trip, just keep a eye out for Graham he gets about and has been known to lead yetis off road into the dusty sunset

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to Google!!!

But seriously I do think we Brits should make an effort when visiting another country just to learn a few basic words and phrases of their language. I can manage in French,Spanish and Portugese, mainly the niceties such as please,thank you, hello,good morning,good night etc plus a little bit more in Spanish as I spent a few more holidays there- "dos vino tinto por favor"

I did order a full meal in a spanish restaurant, to be complimented by the waiter on my Spanish speaking abilities. What he actually said to me was "Och, yer spanish is no bad!!)

I was asked for a light in a spanish bar, in spanish, and Libby said " He wants a light" and he said " Oh Jeez, dont yah just hate it when that happens" - Aussie!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the directions Llanigraham, excellent. Came the pretty way via Nantwich, Oswestrey Welshpool etc then confused the sat nav by picking up your route in Newtown, but within a couple of miles it realised that we weren't shifting from that route and recalculated accordingly

Stayingat bungalows at Seasons at Laugharne Park, just had a brilliant 2 course carvery at the on site restaurant, £7.50 each, 4 selections of meats, have one or all 4, and about 12 selections of veg, help yourself, and choice of 4 desserts. really well cooked and served, absolutely excellent.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest the amended route, much appreciated by all 3 of us - Geoff, Libby (the wife) and Eddy (the Yeti)

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Sounds good value for the wallet
but not the waistline, enjoy your stay,

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
No problem Geoff, and glad you enjoyed the trip down. Have a good time.

Very jealous, but at least I'm about to finish my last day shift, and not back until nights next Thursday, and the weather is supposed to be improving.

I've got three days to get the caravan out of storage, check it over and get it ready for our holidays in Norfolk from around the 5th.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't forget the same rules apply for Norfolk as Wales the broader guards will insist on evidance of the necessary inoculations

·
Registered
290 Posts
And don't forget we speek a different language, just like Wales:

"Dew yar fa' ki' a dickir, bor" which means "Does your old man keep a donkey, mate"

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Royski101 said:
Don't forget the same rules apply for Norfolk as Wales the broader guards will insist on evidance of the necessary inoculations
Do they employ special fat guards in Norfolk then?

All innoculations up-tp-date, but will I need to get webbed feet like the locals?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The broader guards are the Norfolk dumpling's
Don't rush to get up to the coast was 10 degrees with a north wind on the coast today !!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time for another Carvery me'thinks, the one I had on Sundays' just about worn off!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well holiday over, Eddy the Yeti back in Yorkshire after just 800 miles all in. Fuel consumption averaged out (full to full) at 39 mpg, which considering the roads and speeds (went down the pretty way, back via motorway) I think is pretty good.Only problem we had was in filling station when engine wouldn't restart, ignition key would not turn. The steering lock was on solid and it took 5 minutes of jiggling, twisting and turning to allow the key to turn.

All in all a great holiday in a great car. I have posted a few pictures on the gallery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts