Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody
Well decision made to get shot of my Fabia Vrs which I have had from new (2006) with 141,000 miles on the clock. 2 X cam belt changes, 1 X clutch and two rear calipers later. Its been a fabulous little car but time for a change.

Taking delivery on Wednesday 30th October of a Candy White 140ps Adventure 4x4.

Joe at Bridgwater Skoda has been fantastic as I am the sort that needs every little detail before I buy.

Never thought that I would choose a hairdressers colour ( no offence meant)
but it just looks so right in Whitewith the black roof, wheels and rub strips.

Really, really excited - slow down heart you are 57 years old

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice one gr!We nearly went for one but the deal we had (and those seats!) just tipped it...
Won't be long 'til Wednesday then you can go and get it dirty

Cheers, H.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forums grimrecruiter. You seem to clock up a decent amount of distance (20,000 miles) each year. I am sure you will enjoy your Yeti.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi grim recruiter.

We did exactly the same yesterday. Took delivery of our first Skoda - Yeti Adventure 140 4X4 in Candy White. We have probably gone through the same agonising that you have ... Skoda, Yeti, Adventure in White at our age??!!

Believe me, come Wednesday you will be in absolutely doubt that you've done exactly the right thing. We've bought a fair few cars over the years and without hesitation I can say that I am happiest with the Yeti Adventure and the whole sales process from a hugely impressive dealership.

Just wait until you sit in to the driver's seat, turn the engine and look in the rear view mirror ......

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ha haah; yet another white/black Adventure - fantastic!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi G/R and Betty - just one word - Jealous!
Congratulations to you both, I just love the unbridled enthusiasm that Yeti owners have on this site and itisso infectious! Same age+1 and same heart rate I'd better double the beta blockers & statins!

I will need all of your help as I wait until Mid March 2014 or so for my - wait for it - Hairdresser white, 4x4 170 & i'm driving all you members mad (& SWMBO)whilst I wait .... & wait .......& wait ......!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Clarkson can get excited over a Yeti - it must me good LOL. Once mine is out of warranty I will get it remapped to 170ps. In the mean time I will travel sedately behind you.[TUBE]vnIh0VA7OOs[/TUBE]

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had to wait far too long before they opened the F/L order books & I went a tad bonkers on the "extras."I blamed Yeti forum members & NOT myself for my excessive ordering, SWMBO has currently got a "contract" out on The Hood
and a few others as well!!

Will probably find mine is slowed down (when it arrives) with the weight of the add-ons!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Jooks, can we have some photos when the Yeti arrives? Those pedals sound interesting.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
260 Posts
grimrecruiter said:
Never thought that I would choose a hairdressers colour ( no offence meant)
 but it just looks so right in White with the black roof, wheels and rub strips.

Really, really excited - slow down heart you are 57 years old
Good luck with the Yeti grimrecruiter, sounds like a bit of a looker! Get some photos on if you can.
Cheers, Rob.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6 more journeys and 2 more sleeps - it's like Christmas (17:30 Wednesday Skoda Bridgwater)

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Or not sleep
just like a kid at Christmas
enjoy tomorrow and the yeti

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another Yeti joins the clan, and another satisfied customer as you will be finding out tomorrow.
Good luck with "Snowball" and pray for the white stuff this Christmas!

·
Registered
394 Posts
grimrecruiter said:
ONE MORE SLEEP TO GO and "Snowball" will be here - so excited!
Must be a she if its snow balls....

I'll get me coat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very Happy

OK I have him - big grin ear to ear. Been sitting on the drive in the dark playing! Set up phone and downloaded address book. Set home and work in sat nav. Realised aircon wasnt on - is now.

So sad but I dont care. "Snowball" is great!

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
There is a potential problem with programing home in a Sat Nav, if someone gets hold of your Sat Nav when you are out they will know which house is empty as you will have loaded the details for them. When you put the postcode of your residence into the Sat Nav's pre-set memory,call it something else.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Enjoy your shiney ( is it still? ) new car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts