Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So happy the Yeti is here at last. Came to my office on a low loader which was cool! Got it home and fitted the hatchbag in a fairly reasonable time and it sure looks like it will do the job! Then took Lady Gaga to the petshop for a treat and she did not even attempt to hoof it over the back seat which is great. What I really liked about the car was the good dog space(boot to all non dog owners), as she is not naughty but large, I do not need the dog guard fitting.
And the cheap option Pacific Blue is really a very classy look so its good all round so far. It looks like a real beast sitting on the driveway and there have been quite a few slow motion passers by taking a look, well I live on a little country lane so not much else goes on down here
My first burning question to the delivery guy was how do I open the petrol cap and what petrol does it take,cos I guess i'm going to be filling it up alot. He said "it says super unleaded on the cap but thats the Germans for you, you can put unleaded in it if you want. What does that mean would that not stuff up the engine or is that actually true.. spose it would be good news if it was ok..Your thoughts and cautionary tales please.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Good to hear it arrived, and you K9 partner loves it as much as you. Hope you kept the drive clean ready for its homecoming

I ran my 1.2 on unleaded for the 18 months I had it with no problems, and that was Sainsburys unleaded to

Now get out and enjoy your new addition, and a few photos in the gallery would be good

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Alright you have been out long enough now come home, don't wear it out the on the first day

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I'm unsure of the fuel situation in the UK, but here in Aus the correct petrol to use is 95 RON unleaded or higher. If you use anything below this you may s-e-v-e-r-e-l-y damage the pistons, ie melt the tops off them. I am not joking!!!!
Turbocharged petrol motors need premium octane fuels. So 91 or 92 RON unleaded is definitely a no-no except in an emergency situation or short term use.
You will get significantly better economy using the higher octane fuels too.
Oh, and don't forget to warm it up then give it some heavy acceleration to get those piston rings bedded properly. I would suggest using the transmission in Sport mode for the first 1500km's around town.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok team I am off out again,will sort pics at some point, i have put in Ron 97. Got two days of work back in on Friday and then off till next Thursday as is my Birthday on 12th so will have some great drives in the next week or so.x

The very happy DSG SE Yeti lady.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes well re photos...I have taken a few on my work phone which I can download onto my work computer to send to my home computer to send to the site, bear with as they say but I will get them to you all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way the user manual that has come with it from Skoda is all printed out of sync, ie pages start in 20s go to 60s back to 30's and at back the index is not on consecutive pages and is all out of kilter. I can use the book as it looks like all the pages are there just in the wrong order! Not making looking up an issue quickly very easy though. My neighbour who drives a VW showed me the neat trick when you open the door and hold the unlock button down, the windows open! Just what I need before Lady Gaga goes out for her evening spin
Have any other newbies got a dodgy user manual, I cannot believe I am going to be the only one they printed one up for

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
And hold the lock button and they all close again

Happy Birthday for the 12th in case I forget, you have had your big prezzie early

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No cannot get them to close that way.
As far as Birthday Gifts go, this is the Tops!
I was just lucky it worked out like this

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Strange if they open that way they should close with the lock button, you do have to hold it for what seems like a life time

·
Administrator
4,434 Posts
Congratulations! Looking forward to the photos.

Yep hold the lock button down on the key fob to fold in wing mirrors and to close all windows if left open. There'll be lots of things for you to discover with your birthday present.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK the window thing is working fine now thanks. Took Gaga for an evening spin and walk, she lurves the Yeti, my VW neighbour loves the Yeti, his wife also loves the Yeti and the colour of the Yeti, some police mates of his also love the Yeti. Basically everyone I meet now loves my Yeti or someone elses Yeti!
Yeti envy is breaking out in Essex

1 - 16 of 16 Posts