Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 2 years of very happy Yeti motoring my leased one was collected by British Car Auctions, Brighouse, last Thursday. If anyone has bought, or seen an Aqua Blue 2.0d, 4wd Yeti at BCA then it was mine. It had 33k on the clock and never let me down once. Only thing to think about is that it is still on its original exhaust, brake pads etc. The tyres were changed and still had plenty of wear left.

Great car all round and especially magnificent in the snow. Thoroughly recommended. If anyone is thinking of going for it then feel free to message me with any questions.

I've gone for a Volvo V60 and so far have no regrets. I may well return to a Yeti in future as it was one of the best cars I have ever had.

Reasons for the change - we have a policy of changing cars every 2 years and it is nice to try something different. Also the leasing costs for the Yeti have gone up and Volvo seem to be supporting the V60 so the price differential was around £40 per month.

Mine was a brief stay on here but I have found everyone to be very polite, friendly and helpful. I was one was transferred from a large general Skoda forum after a bout of unpleasantness. Thankfully all here was different. Best of luck to this forum, I may well be back in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi
I remember you getting your yeti, and posting on the other forum a lot I still look in on the other forum but do not post as much as i did (find it to section based, and you must post that in this and that section).

Good to see your positive review of two years and a fair few miles of ownership
,I have had a yeti for two and a half years now(well on my second one now
) and like you I think they are a brilliant car.

All the best with the Volvo V,looks a good car as well

Do look in here occasional and keep in touch and let us know how the Volvo compairs.

regards

Kevin

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Hi It's a shame to hear you have defected, I have owned two Volvo's and there always seemed to be something wrong with them. Sometimes quite interesting things such as a failed propshaft, that time to make it really interestingthe breakdown truck broke down on the way to me, and on another occaisiona broken off clutch pedal, this time it broke down next to a parked RAC van!!. Hopefully they have got better now.
Although you are temporarily without a Yeti keep looking in as you have two years knowledge and experience that you can still share. Maybe you will get another in two years time.

regards
Derek

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an S40 before the Yeti and that was faultless for 2 years. The worlds most pathetic boot opening led me to a Yeti and I have had 2 very positive years. Had the leasing prices not shot up I would have stayed with another Yeti, just added a heated front windscreen to my previous spec.

I don't think you can compare the V60 to a Yeti, it is more of a Superb estate style car. It is very smooth to drive and classy inside but the Yeti offers different positive points. It is more compact yet offers great space, nippy and flexible and in 4wd mode it was unflappable in winter.

I did post quite a bit on Briskoda but when they decide to bring a hammer to the Yeti section it was done in such a vindictive way, along with trolling from a number of mainly Octavia members for some reason, that it took a lot of the fun out of posting and I lost my enthusiasm for forums. I hope this one continues to grow as a forum with shared knowledge is hugely useful. They can also be great fun as personalities shine through.

I'll keep an eye out on here as I need to know what is happening for two years time when my car merry go round starts again!

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
I can't remember the model number of our first Volvo it was the one with the engine at the front and the gearbox by the back axle. It had a 2ltr engine and went like a rocket, the quality of ride and comfort was amazing. The drive from the engine to the rear gearbox was via a splined shaft that stripped the splines at 1030 p.m. in the middle of nowhere.The breakdown truck broke down on the way to me and I got home at 2 a.m.
The second was a 460, the clutch pedal was actually bolted on, and the bolt snapped as I was passing behind a parked RAC van, now that's what I call style.

There was always something wrong with them, apart from the above, things like the indicator swtich breaking,the rear windscreen leaking, or a seatbelt jamming, front wheel bearings did not last long. Both were subject to a safety recall.

I agree about the screen heater, the heater on the diesel Yetiis so poor for the first ten mins it should be fitted as standard.

The other site can get a bit agressive at times. Graham flits between both sites and has been got at, at least once on the other one, I actually like his direct style. This site is still in it's infancy and can be a bit quiet at times. All the best with your new car, I wonder what colour your next Yeti will be

Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must admit that getting back into Volvo seats was very pleasant. I am not sure anyone does better seats than them at the moment, uber comfy. If there was one disappointment with my Yeti it was that the seats were not as supportive as I would have liked. Not a major thing though and I do appreciate that seat comfort is a personal matter.

There are people on the main Volvo forum who will talk about bomb proof cars but that is being naive. Some cars are just Friday afternoon jobs and that can affect all makes. I think Skoda and many others have shown how high standards are now without going for a so called prestige brand.

I thought the sectioning of the other site was a bad move, why have to scroll through a load of threads about Fabia tyres to get to the Yeti post that I am actually interested in? This one has it right in my view, and the trolling unpleasant. Graham is direct but not nasty and you can go back and forth with him on a thread without it being personal. Combative and Yorkshire like but not nasty. Nothing wrong with that.

I am hoping that they will bring in the VRs blue as I think the Yeti suits bold colours. If not then the copper colour looks fun. Aqua Blue hides the dirt like nothing else but it was a little bland after 2 years. Hugely practical though.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
I'm only nasty to people who are either:
idiots
unpleasant
unthinking
type drivel
or nasty to me!

Thank you!

Edited by: Llanigraham

·