Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this forum but had my yeti since febuary this year. just a question about the radio/cd player. i want to upgrade the unit to include bluetooth and maybe satnav. i have a bolero unit in the car but is there any other models that have the unit i need but with the same fitment, eg superb, fabia, or any other car on the voltswagen group. the Yeti is probably the best car i have owned having driven ford mondeo ghia'sfor the past ten years all with fuel management probs which cost an arm and a leg to fix.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Yeti has the Amundsen which was also available in the Fabia and Octavia (at least). The Columbus and Amundsen+ are also available across all three models (possibly the Superb too but not sure) and there are plenty of units available online in places such as E-Bay.

As for fitting, there will be a couple of things to look out for as far as I can tell:

1. Is all of the required wiring in place? In particular wiring for the GPS Antenna and, if you're considering the Amundsen+, a suitable DAB antenna (I'd love to know whether you can hook up a DAB receiver to the standard FM antenna as I'd consider upgrading my Amundsen to a + unit if it was a straight swap).

2. I think you'll need the new device coded to your Yeti.

3. Do you have a maxidot in your drivers display? The factory nav units display 'next turn' instructions on the maxidot. probably not the end of the world if unavailable I suppose.

Otherwise you might like to consider a Garmin / TomTom unit and a Parrot BT as including fitting, they'll come in much cheaper than the cost of the Amundsen/Columbus units.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn't know the tomtom had blue tooth so i will look into that. i will keep checking the auction sites now that i know they are fitted to other models in the range. thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts