Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one advise me what they would think about a 2 lt diesel yeti with 80 thousand Kay's on the clock. One owner used to carry mail around the burbs.Is this a lot for this age of car.It has a Full service history oil always change at 10.000 km. It looks in great shape .

Is this high mileage for the two lt vw diesel.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
My diesel Yeti has done more miles/Kms than that with no problems at all.
High mileage would be 150k miles or more!!

·
Administrator
4,537 Posts
Cam belt change?
VAG diesels have scheduled cambelt changes at 40K or 4 yearsIIRC, therefore should have been changed twice! (40k may only be PD diesels which was what I used to have but now don't do the miles so opted for petrol with a chain drive). Think it's about £350 so worth making sure it's done before buying.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
SnowGood said:
Cam belt change?
VAG diesels have scheduled cambelt changes at 40K or 4 yearsIIRC, therefore should have been changed twice! (40k may only be PD diesels which was what I used to have but now don't do the miles so opted for petrol with a chain drive). Think it's about £350 so worth making sure it's done before buying.
PD diesels were 40k miles to change the cam belt, not the CD diesels as fitted to the Yeti's.

·
Administrator
13,405 Posts
My last car a Mazda 1.8 petrol had done over 244,000 km when I sold it, and the car before that a 1.8 petrol Nissan had done over 296,000 km when I sold it. The Mazda has just sailed through it's MOT test, so as long as it has not been trashed or badly off roaded a 2 litre diesel with 80,000 should just be nicely run in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts