Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Well, we bought a Yeti yesterday!

Had been looking locally to us, Worcester area, for a 140 Elegance 4x4 without much success as the very low mileage ones come in and go out and the stealers didn't seem too worried about finding us one as they can sell them faster than they can get them.

While on a trip to visit the other half's family near Preston, Lancashirewe decided to have a look around up there and visited the Simpsons site at Preston without much success and decided to go over to Colne to their dealership there where we met Matthew who was most helpful and gave us almost the exact car we were after - more about that later.

We both came back from the test drive with daft grins on our faces but with a dilemma, we have been Landy fans for years (three 300TDi Discos,a series ll and a Defender which we will keep until our NCF Sahara is complete)- it was the combination of a test drive in a new Freelander and the cost of a late/new Disco that sent us down the Yeti route.

Sunday dawned and we decided we must have another look as we hadn't seen the petrol blue one before, again Matthew said take it out for another drive andtake as long as you like! We were on a tight schedule, as we had to be back for a family gathering, but still managed a good selection of different road types which this little car handled remarkably well.

So, about the car, its a petrol blue/onyx leather(we did want a red one!) Elegance 4x4 140 diesel manual extras include a spare wheel, tow bar (unused) over carpets with just over 2k miles, it's on a 62 plate that was registered by Skoda at Oxford last December and delivered to Simpsons last weekso it shouldn't have seen much salt! The only thing missing is a satnav but at £900 fitted retrospectively we'll put up with Tom. A substantial saving off new price and they are delivering it for free this week!

There we are, my first post, rather a long one, sorry if it went on a bit!

Looking forward to becoming an active member on the forum, thanks for reading, Henry.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi Epicyclic, You have the 'gear' with your new car. Welcome to the forum from another 140 Elegance ( Hettie ).

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome gents! Been looking around the forum and reading up to get some idea of what to expect when we take delivery.Cheers, H.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, David Simpson delivered the car personally this am at 09:00. It looks very nice on the drive and is by far the cleanest! Petrol blue is very similar to the blue in the blue/green paint on the 50th Anniversary Disco that has to go. Having a look round it's also got a heated front screen but missing the under seat storage box that I thought it should have. Couldn't play with it tonight as I was late home and had to go out at 18:45 to drink cider and eat game pie - its a hard life....Cheers, H.

·
Administrator
4,447 Posts
Welcome to the forum Epicyclic.
The underseat storage box is only under the passenger seat. Should have been standard on the Elegance spec.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If it helps, my 61 plate Elegance came with an under-seat box as standard, but only on the passenger side.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As has my 62 plate Elegance. Are you thinking of an underseat box on the driver side? I'm not sure that is possible as the bluetooth unit is under the driver seat.

Keith

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right, red face time - of course there is a 'box under the passenger side! I just looked under the drivers side in my haste, but having looked at it I'll be fitting one to the drivers side soon. I see the parts are listed in the other forum and they come to about £30 so I'll get it from my local agent.
discosteve, SnowGood, igg and KeithW - thanks for the reply's, they are much appreciated.

Keith, one guy fitted a box to the drivers side of an Elegance so I guess its worth a try, I thinkhe was the one who listed the parts for the drivers side.

Lin, the other half, had a ride round in it today and got it dirty
I've been looking about and found this set: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Skoda-Yeti-Car-Protection-Pack-Rubber-Floor-Mats-Mudflaps-Bootliner-/251341186455?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AYeti&hash=item3a851a2597seems that you get the rubber carpets for free pretty much, so I'll order them later.

Looking forward to tomorrow when I can have a proper crawl over it and see where every thing is and, of course, go out and get it even more dirty...

Cheers, H.

·
Administrator
13,116 Posts
Not wishing to be a wet blanket, but if you have a spare wheel the boot liner probably wont fit properly.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Hood said:
Not wishing to be a wet blanket, but if you have a spare wheel the boot liner probably wont fit properly.
Yep, quite possibly, thanks for the comment though. I had thought about that after posting, I'll ring them tomorrow and ask - they are Skoda dealers so should be able to advise. Even if its not an exact fit its probably better than ruining what's there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rang Caffyns this am, their parts man said put a note with the fleabay order that the car has a standard spare wheel and they will send the right bootliner, but I popped over to Startins nr Worcester and they reckon there isn't one for that application! I'll speak with Caffyns again Monday. Anyway, I ordered the drivers seat storage box before I went to look for a geocache which I didn't find!Really enjoyed pottering about in the Yeti today, this little car just keeps on pulling at almost no revs, goes around corners in a very controlled manner and really is a pleasure to drive, but you guys know that I guess! Its filthy though, we live in a rural area and they have been in and out of the fields so there is lots of mud on the road and with all the rain we've had its turned to a slurry in places, ugh!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Epicyclic said:
but I popped over to Startins nr Worcester and they reckon there isn't one for that application!
They are either telling you porkies or just don't know what they are talking about. There are plenty of liners for both situations ie with and without spare wheels.

·
Administrator
4,447 Posts
plbxr said:
Epicyclic said:
but I popped over to Startins nr Worcester and they reckon there isn't one for that application!
They are either telling you porkies or just don't know what they are talking about. There are plenty of liners for both situations ie with and without spare wheels.
No doubt you are right plxbr there are a number of third party liners available that fit the Yeti with the spare wheel option but if Startins are only talking about genuine Skoda Yeti parts then I can't see a rubber liner with the same features from the parts list that is suitable for the raised floor, so maybe that's what they mean. If you have found one perhaps you could post a link. Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, Startins would only offer a genuine parts one, but if plxbr can post a link or even a part number that would help greatly. The one for a non-spare application has part #DCD630002.I note some folks have trimmed the standard liner to suit which is probably better than taking pot luck on the fit of a non-oem liner. I can'timagine therewill bemuch difference in the profile side to side,perhaps thereissome sort of upstand that comes up towards the tailgate that needs to be trimmed when used with a spare.
Just for info. I asked the cost of mud flaps, rubber mats and rubber boot liner and they were £17.20 dearer than the ebay offer I posted earlier, even taking p&p into account, so a worthwhile saving.

·
Administrator
4,447 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mmmm, that's quite expensive even with the discount! I've been speaking with Steve20bore and it seems the OE mats and mud flaps are fine, its just the boot mat that's a bit of a conundrum so I'm going to speak with the parts guy at Caffyns and also Trav all and see what's best. No rush as we're not likely to get the boot mucky, whereas for the rest of the car....

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
This is from the Skoda Australia Accessories catalogue (uploads/467/yeti-accessories.pdf). All Aus spec Yetis come with a spare wheel as standard fitment so the part numbers are relevant for a fitted spare wheel.
Textile boot mat:
Textile boot mat for floor with spare wheel or false boot floor (5L0061190)
Plastic boot dish:
Plastic boot dish with raised 15cm edge for all types of boot (DCE630001)

Being OEM they should be available but may be a special order in your market. I hope this helps you.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
4,447 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts