Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been out and about in the Yeti over the Christmas break, down to Mwnt in the gales and up to Brechfa for a walk on Christmas day, in a bit of snow. These are some of our local places to walk the dog:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Great pics & locationMike&Di and what fabulous blue sky as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JOOKS said:
Great pics & locationMike&Di and what fabulous blue sky as well.

1/2 hour before I took that picture it was blowing an absolute gale and hammering down, proper Wales rain, not the joking stuff!!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Very nice piccies. Is that tinting that you have on the windows or is it the "privacy" glass?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Great piccys - brings back memories of our last trip to the Shetlands...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Is that a church, and is it anywhere near Llangranog ?

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
That is Mwnt Chapel, and it is about the same distance west of Aberporth than Llangranog is north east.

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a slight tint to the rear windows but only very faint, I didn't really notice it until recently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Llanigraham said:
That is Mwnt Chapel, and it is about the same distance west of Aberporth than Llangranog is north east.

Our closest beach really, only 20mins from home, as are Penbryn and Cwm Tudu.

Mwnt is always worth a visit if you are in the area, the chapel is lovely and of course it's right on the coastal path, we often walk up to llangrannog from Penbryn for a sandwich. Its a lovely part of the country and we always feel so lucky it is on our doorstep.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
Nearly as nice as this part of Wales, Mike.

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
Mike&Di said:
Llanigraham said:

Our closest beach really, only 20mins from home, as are Penbryn and Cwm Tudu.

Mwnt is always worth a visit if you are in the area, the chapel is lovely and of course it's right on the coastal path, we often walk up to llangrannog from Penbryn for a sandwich. Its a lovely part of the country and we always feel so lucky it is on our doorstep.

How on earth do you pronounce Mwnt and Cwm Tudu?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Llanigraham said:

Quite agree, Llanidloes is in the heart of Wales bordering the Cambrian Mountains, always mysterious and wild.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks LG. My brother and sister in law have a cottage in Llangranog , we visited a while back, I thought that church was one of our visits..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Llanigraham said:
Just for you, some pics from your area.

With all the rain we have been having I thought there would be no better chance to see water going over Claerwen Dam (Elan Valley). So we took the Yeti via Cwmystwyth which is always a great drive and on down to the dams and there we are; water going over them all, and a lot of it too!! It was very loud down at the bases of the dams and quite damp. A great day out, a lot of walking with no rain and just a hint of sunshine at one point.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice pix folks, the yeti looks well at home by the dams. Been there many times and seen the water cascading over the dam like that, it is a very memorable experience.
Love to drive the Cwmystwyth road and the one from Tregaron to Abergwesyn especially in the snow...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts