Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done about 1000 miles now and have a few minor things that "bother" me.
I am being picky as I'm generally very happy with the Yeti.

Model is '11 PLate 4x4 Diesel 140 Elegance. Just turned 18K miles

1. There is a little flat spot/lack of torque just off idle as I pull away. Probably turbo lag but not suffered it as much in previous 2.0TD vehicles.

2. Going up through the gears, I tend to hover my left foot lightly on the clutch pedal in anticipation of the next gear (rather than move back and fore fromthe footrest). Harsh vibrations through the clutch pedal but not noticable through the throttle pedal.

3. Brake bads. Theywork well enoughwell but have a horrible feel.

4. 2 small illumination LEDs shining at night. A little distracting. (I've seen this mentioned elsewhere on the forum)

5. The Bluetooth connection "Bong" noise is way too loud. Maybe I can adjust this (if I ever read the manual
)

Anyone else have thesame, or other "complaints"?

·
Registered
70 Posts
People have mentioned the little lights - mine are hardly noticeable mmmmmm! I wonder if the way that they are pushed in varies?
No flat spot on my 140ps but only done 1200 miles
Def no vibration on clutch pedal
You can adjust most volumes - def on satnav commands - not sure on boing
Brakes do stop her quickly lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agree with you on the `bong`.

Also about 1000 miles in and cannot recognise your other niggles.

Guess the only thing I can think of is the struggle to adapt from the menus and functions of my old satnav to the brave new world of columbus....oh and the need to depress the clutch before starting. Apart from that I am quite simply amazed by this car. As much fun as a mini to drive, and more practical.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Are the two lights you mention at the bottom of the rear view mirror? If so, I have a small button underneath that turns them off (barely noticeable on mine - and something is not right with one of them anyway). Does anyone know their intended use?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suzz, the button is for turning on the auto dimming for the rear view mirror. Only the left hand light illuminates on mine, aswell. Not sure what the right hand one is.
I'm meaning the two white LEDsthat shine down and illuminate the gearstick area.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That button operates the dipping function of the rear view mirror. If the left slot lights green it is on. The right slot measures the light from behind. If you have auto lights, not only does the mirror dip when bright car headlamps are behind, but it also turns on your headlights when it detects the sun directly behind you. Cue pantomime phrase...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The brake pedal can be tweaked a little bit (ie softer/harder) but does require VCDS. Your dealer may adjust it for you at the next service. They also may require getting used to as they can be quite toey when new. The brakes are very effective and work well and are the best I have ever experienced on a vehicle.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
It was that harshness on the clutch pedal on the demonstrator we drove that made us decide to go for DSG (though we were leaning that way anyway).
I raised it as a pre-purchase concern and from the replies it seems some people have it, some don't. But it's definitely a diesel thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
137699 - Thanks for that info. I did wonder if it was a "fault" with mine and have considered asking at the main dealer.
I have owned many diesel cars and I just feel that this particular pointcompares badly tothe refinement that my Volvo, for example, had.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mines only a lowly 110 but with 27k on the clock in a year it's still as smooth as a smooth thing.Never had any vibes through pedal's but please tell me this someone.When I go over a rise in the road and then drop down the other side I get a distinct break in drive.Cant explain it any other way,sorry,but it feels like I've lifted off the power.Just for a second but noticeable.Been there from new,never got any worse and of no real concern but would like to know if anyone else has it or is Yodo unique.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've experienced something similar in my 110 diesel. It's as if the fuelling cuts off if you go down hill on a closed throttle. It worried me at first, but now, although it happens, I don't find it anything to get alarmed about. Doesn't seem to affect the overall performance, anyway.The 110 engine seems to be very smooth, with no vibration, unlike my 1.9tdi Roomster that I had in 2007-11. That was quite a coarse engine, but it went well enough. You learn to live with these things, and as the manufacturers make progress with the development of their engines, so some of the problems or quirks seem to get ironed out. Trouble is, they no sooner get rid of one issue, and something else crops up!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Suzuki said:
When I go over a rise in the road and then drop down the other side I get a distinct break in drive.Cant explain it any other way,sorry,but it feels like I've lifted off the power.Just for a second but noticeable.Been there from new,never got any worse and of no real concern but would like to know if anyone else has it or is Yodo unique.

Hi Suzuki, yes I get exactly the same every day going to-from work. I have to navigate a railway crossing and there is a steepish rise and fall as you go over it. Whenever the car is halfway down the fall it feels like someone has just dabbed the brakes for about 1/2 a second or so. It is very weird, doesn't do it any other time.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Thanks Nez and Freedie for that information about the rear view mirror. I may never have to read the manual at this rate!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Tim Jeal said:
I've experienced something similar in my 110 diesel. It's as if the fuelling cuts off if you go down hill on a closed throttle. It worried me at first, but now, although it happens, I don't find it anything to get alarmed about. Doesn't seem to affect the overall performance, anyway.The 110 engine seems to be very smooth, with no vibration, unlike my 1.9tdi Roomster that I had in 2007-11. That was quite a coarse engine, but it went well enough. You learn to live with these things, and as the manufacturers make progress with the development of their engines, so some of the problems or quirks seem to get ironed out. Trouble is, they no sooner get rid of one issue, and something else crops up!!

Mine is the same, put it down to very sensitive engine fuel governing by the ECU, needing power on the up side then suddenly onto over run.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Suzuki said:
Mines only a lowly 110 but with 27k on the clock in a year it's still as smooth as a smooth thing.Never had any vibes through pedal's but please tell me this someone.When I go over a rise in the road and then drop down the other side I get a distinct break in drive.Cant explain it any other way,sorry,but it feels like I've lifted off the power.Just for a second but noticeable.Been there from new,never got any worse and of no real concern but would like to know if anyone else has it or is Yodo unique.
Yes same with my 110. Just the samefeeling each time it happens, likelifting off the power for a second....I've got use to it now, but nevertheless it's a strange feeling!

Just noticed....mine is a steel grey which brings it to 3of this colour in this post.......mmmm, a pattern emerges

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Suzuki said:
...When I go over a rise in the road and then drop down the other side I get a distinct break in drive.Cant explain it any other way,sorry,but it feels like I've lifted off the power.Just for a second but noticeable.Been there from new,never got any worse and of no real concern but would like to know if anyone else has it or is Yodo unique.
It's normal and happens to both petrol and diesel engines. Fuel cut-off during engine braking is part of the anti-pollution system and is there to reduce oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) emissions. It also slightly helps to reduce fuel consumption by 1-2%. It's more noticeable in a diesel because of the higher compression ratio.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well thankyou very much all,our local Spanish dealer say's he can feel nothing.That translates into English as,I say nothing cos if I do I will maybe have to sort it out and I dont have a clue.He can fix a puncture though so not all negative.lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same thing with my 140 Adventure. Hump backed bridges... A couple on my normal jaunts each day.....sensation of braking on the down side. Got used to it now and even look out for it just for consistency.
Glad it's not just me....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts