Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yeti 2011 with old stock radio. I have decided to install latest touchscreen radio.
During installation whenI unpluggeg the coupler from the radio the instrument cluster went off and nothing happening on turing the key.
When I placed back the coupler into the stereo nothing comes up. Apart from intrument cluster rest everything interior light , car charger are working.
I checked both fuse boxes and all fine.
Suspecting power issue with wiring from stereo to ignition.
could you please guide me which wiring i need to check ??

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
If you say there is no power to the instrument cluster the problem is bigger than wiring from stereo to ignition.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you say there is no power to the instrument cluster the problem is bigger than wiring from stereo to ignition.
I connected the yellow wire from stereo to the first left fuse of indoor fuse box.. and the verything comes up. However this is temporary solution..

·
Registered
712 Posts
When you say first left fuse, is that counting from the top or the bottom?

If you are counting from the top be very careful as that is the central ECU fuse! Have you thought of checking fuse #8 in the engine compartment fuses?

Edit:

Have just noticed that there is a parallel thread on the same subject, where a lot of this stuff has already been covered. This will make things very confusing and waste a lot of time.

·
Registered
712 Posts
OK, that fuse is Fuse #10, which is for some of the ancillaries. They count from the bottom upwards.

It would seem that you have lost the power supply (obviously). My suggestion would be to recheck Fuse#8 in the engine compartment. If that is OK, try to see if an inline fuse has been fitted in the yellow wire you mention. Failing that, you could wire and fuse into a spare fuse position in the fuse box, but wouldn’t recommend that you do that.

Llanigraham has got a point, if you haven’t managed to fix it by this stage, why not get an auto electrician to look at it?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
The radio/DVD is fuse 13 which is 2nd down on left, that looks to be empty on your picture!

·
Registered
712 Posts
The radio/DVD is fuse 13 which is 2nd down on left, that looks to be empty on your picture!

View attachment 5262
That’s interesting. My diagram shows fuse 13 as being a spare position. But the owners manual does show it as per your diagram. There are other differences too. I am now wondering where I got my diagram from. Homework to be done for me!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hargur, I notice that you have a fuse piggy-backed in position 28 (fuel pump). Is it possible that someone might have tapped your system off from there in the past. It might be worth checking the blue fuse poking out from the connector.

·
Registered
712 Posts

View attachment 5262
Urrell, I have solved my mystery. I have two diagrams in my file. The first one is the published one, as you have shown. The second one, I produced and is as per what fuse locations are actually populated on my car. It is this one I was looking at. However, fuse13 is not populated on my car and so Hargur’s may be the same?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you both for supporting
here are the clear and latest pictures ..
Also , i have checked there is no fuse in position 8
For the electrician: i am taking it at last ..as i live in outskirts and here There is only one person to whome I know because he is the culprit of this issue
9130434B-CC3C-4658-9C84-684281350BFC.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I checked , the yellow wire in the stereo is the live wire +12 v used to provide continuous power to the stereo.. however, there should be some colour wire(contain power) which is going to either fuse box or instrument cluster.

·
Registered
712 Posts
As you say, there is no fuse in position 8 in the engine compartment in your photo. It may be worth putting a 15 amp fuse into that location to see if your instrument panel lights up. Both older and newer versions of that fuse compartment are supposed to have fuses in position 8.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Just a thought....
Hargur appears to be located in India. From the flag attached to his registered name? (Also a RHD country like UK).
Could there be differences in the electrics and fuse positions of UK spec cars vs. Skoda's specs for the Indian market?
Unless his car is an import from UK and was originally sold and first registered in UK?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Under-bonnet fuse box.
8 Radio, instrument cluster, telephone

End of dashboard fuse box.
8 Towing hitch - contact in the socket
13 Radio, DVD (That is missing in yours!!!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts