Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My multi function display/radio has suddenly died, turns on for a few seconds before turning itself off. scoda sign remains on screen for several seconds. Scoda have said its not a warrant item but are going to have a look at it to see if it just a loose wire, which i suspect not. Is it easy to swap the scoda mfd/radio for an aftermarket make. They seem to be readily available and much cheaper than scoda replacvvement.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
It is useful to know what model you have and it's age, because at the moment we are completely running blind.

And I'm confused.
The Multi Function Display is the one between the speedo and rev counter and doesn't have a Skoda (note the K!) on it, so I presume you are talking about the Infotainment display in the centre of the dash.
If so we need to know what model that is.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most of the radio/stereo/sat nav units are able to be hard reset by holding down certain buttons for a while.

However, MFD2 and RNS510 units have a reputation for sudden death.

Post a photo of the unit?

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
This might seem a silly question but how is your battery? When it gets low the ecu starts turning things off, mine did it a few years ago when I had the radio on (engine off) whilst putting the winter wheels on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is the unit, this is as far as it gets there is a background radio hiss, however, nome of the buttons work and it turns itself off after a few seconds. loose wire or terminal?..been looking and there are some very good alternatives to this unit out there.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Try a re-set. Power up the unit and before it switches off again, press and hold the on/off button. If that does not work try the same procedure, but press and hold both round buttons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was going to try changing the fuse yesterday, however, first off the fuse box is on the right when it says left, then the fuse diagram is nothing like the one in the manual so ia have no idea which one is for the radio.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Firstly, it can't be the fuse, as the unit initially turns on, and the logo remains on screen when it turns off. It couldn't do this if there were no power supply.
That said, and for future reference, the fuse diagram in the handbook is upside down...turn it around and all will become clear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for help/advice scoda have decided to replace under warranty the radio system, bit surprised as the extended warranty exscludes the radio.

·
Registered
947 Posts
thanks for help/advice scoda have decided to replace under warranty the radio system, bit surprised as the extended warranty exscludes the radio.
"...Never look a gift horse in the mouth"!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had this problem on my daughters seat leon with similar radio and I disconnected the battery for 10mins and this reset the radio and no further problems

1 - 14 of 14 Posts